Wings on a WSM /rotisserie

DBono

TVWBB Super Fan
Wings on WSM 22 with Cajun Bandit rotisserie.Had to put them on a grill to crisp them up some. Might have dried them out some also.
Dan
AyB79tA.jpg

QttRisX.jpg

They look pretty good. I do them indirect on a kettle, with charcoal baskets on either side (and don't forget a drip pan). In about 30 minutes at 350, they look like the lighter ones in your photo. I then crisp them directly over the baskets for a couple of minutes until they look like your darker ones. They are killer. We marinate them for about 24 hours and then baste them once during the cook with a 50/50 mix of Frank's Red Hot and unsalted butter (Frank's is very salty). Guaranteed to satisfy with several cold Shiner Bocks. Here's the link for the marinade.

https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/buffa-que-wings/

Jeff

WOW I don't really know why I wasted my time posting this.:(
Dan

Your wings only look WONDERFUL!
One thing that I have learned, there is more than one way to "skin a cat" (or in this case, grill chicken wings:)). I have done excellent wings direct on my WSM's, on my Performer (indirect then crisp up over direct) but my current favorite way to do them is on one of my Performers using the Vortex. The high heat indirect when using the Vortex (over 400 degrees) let's me crisp them as they are grilling. 30-40 minutes and they are done.

We have been using Weber's "Kick n Chicken" rub, then a finishing sauce of Apricot Preserves, Honey, and Chipotle in Adobo sauce.

FWIW
Dale53

Your wings only look WONDERFUL!
One thing that I have learned, there is more than one way to "skin a cat" (or in this case, grill chicken wings:)). I have done excellent wings direct on my WSM's, on my Performer (indirect then crisp up over direct) but my current favorite way to do them is on one of my Performers using the Vortex. The high heat indirect when using the Vortex (over 400 degrees) let's me crisp them as they are grilling. 30-40 minutes and they are done.

We have been using Weber's "Kick n Chicken" rub, then a finishing sauce of Apricot Preserves, Honey, and Chipotle in Adobo sauce.

FWIW
Dale53

Hi How did u do the wings on WSM. Did you smoke them or grill them?
Thanks Dan

Back