It is a sad day, wire shelf p/n 60145 for Genesis Gold B/Cs has been discontinued

JKim in MA

TVWBB Pro
I picked up a 2005 Genesis Gold C for parts this week, and it had the rusty bottom panel issue which caused the doors to fall off. Upon a closer inspection this evening, this grill is too nice to part out, so I was going to use the wire shelf from the older Genesis Gold B/C and convert to an open cart design.

Unfortunately, when I called Weber to place the order, I was informed this evening that this part is no longer available from Weber.

I am not real familiar with the Gold B/C, but would a Silver B/C wire shelf fit it?

I parted out a 2005 Silver B and it had the cabinet. Of course it was rusted beyond redemption, but don't think it had lower frame cross members after I took off the cabinet parts. I think the bottom cross members would need to be added for stability if the 2005 Gold is like the Silver.

Did the 2005 Gold even have the option of a wire rack?

Wow, I didn’t believe it when I bought it it said discontinued only one left in stock. Guess it really did mean only one left.

I was able to find a used one last night for $15 that will be presentable after a quick wire wheel+repaint, so my project lives on for now.

I have never wire wheeled and repainted a bottom shelf. It seemed to me that the coating on them was not really paint, but some kind of a vinyl coating. I either clean them up as best I can or I toss them. But maybe I should rethink that. Let us know how it comes out. And if you keep it, how it holds up.

Yea I have repainted them before they look fine. I never posted the finished product of the platinum I added the wire bottom to. I don’t have any good pics but here’s one.

8GTQ8Qk.jpg

Last edited:
The wire bottom rack on my silver A was a little rusty. I just sanded the rust and hit it with rust converter then spray painted it. Going on 3 years later it still looks good.

So, did you grind the rust off and then repaint that one? And it is holding up well? How long?

Yea I have repainted them before they look fine. I never posted the finished product of the platinum I added the wire bottom to. I don’t have any good pics but here’s one.

8GTQ8Qk.jpg

That's a really good looking grill. I've not ever seen one quite like that.

Thank you. Yeah it’s a platinum b from like 2005 it had the same issue as gold ones from that year with closed cart design that would rust through. With the wire bottom now and the fact the whole frame is stainless steel I think it will last till the day they stop making replacement burner tubes for it.

Yup, i did the exact thing as Leandro except I have a Platinum C. I guess I got lucky to find a bottom shelf because when I called Weber they told me that it was discontinued...luckily I was able to get it from ereplacementparts.com and I think I got the last one that they had in stock.

The wire rack at the bottom of my Silver B has one area that needs to be repainted.

I have been planning to just wire wheel the area, hit it with my usual Rustoleum Rust Converter, and repaint it.
Good to hear others have had similar success.

Thank you. Yeah it’s a platinum b from like 2005 it had the same issue as gold ones from that year with closed cart design that would rust through. With the wire bottom now and the fact the whole frame is stainless steel I think it will last till the day they stop making replacement burner tubes for it.

I am really loving that Genesis Gold stainless lid with the stainless bar and the stainless cart from the Platinum. That is really something. A beautiful grill.

Back