Summit s670 not getting hot enough

JeffS

So this is my first post on this forum.
It started about 8months ago. I had noticed that my summit s670 grill was taking longer to reach temp.
Weber was kind enough to send me new burners since one was burnt out and I figured that this would fix it. Well it didn’t, but new burners and a good cleaning and it was working well enough.
As time past it’s was taking more time to heat up.
Back on the phone to Weber and they sent me out a bulk head. Which is a regulator on a natural gas.
That didn’t fix it. Now it won’t get past 400 degrees and I could only light 3 burners. Called again they said possibly blocked hose or gas line, which made no sense to me but ok. I even called the gas company and they changed the gas meter.
After messing around with this thing for weeks I noticed that the quick connect coupler wasn’t opening very much. Other call to Weber I ordered the coupler $25.00 + tax and shipping, but the customer rep I talked with said they never heard of the coupler going bad and it wasn’t likely that.
Screw it send the coupler only $25.00.
Sure enough it was the coupler.
Now my 10yr old summit heats like it was new.
All burners can light at the same time as well.
So if your having issues with it getting to temp check your quick connect coupler.

Jeff, I havent seen that as an issue before either. Thanks for the posting. Hopefully, it saves another person some hassle, headache and money.

I hope Weber sent you all those other parts under warranty.

Well not the quick connect.
They sent the regulator no charge but I couldn’t break it loose so paid a pro $90. To replace.
But I’m cool with that. Grill is up and running and I’m a happy camper.
Thanks for the reply gentlemen.

Back