Q300 Refurb listing price

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Guys, I have rehabbed and sold a lot of Genesis 1000's, Silver B/C's and E3xx's over the last two years. I have only sold one rehabbed Q300. That was last spring and I don't even remember what I sold it for. I am wondering what would be a good price to put on this little fella. I bought it for $35 and didn't put anything into it. It has the spit cast iron grates...I think they originally came with one piece grates.

Anyway, if I can easily get $250 for one of my rehabbed Silver B's, what would this be worth: ***Report back quick, I want to drop it on CL and FB Marketplace later tonight***
Thanks.

i6xsmnD.jpg

7xy9UCL.jpg

L4caBJK.jpg

SpyZ6wm.jpg

jKyPgA7.jpg

pPDXcvi.jpg

RbeD3J7.jpg

TsAKqXZ.jpg

5BGkpjq.jpg

Bruce, I sold one just as clean and shiny like that last weekend. $250, w/ a full tank, and a cover.
Sold another back in March, not as clean and detailed, no tank, no cover for $175. Do NOT take
one penny under $200.

PS- Nice touch with the foil Weber grease pan, and including a tank.
Its the only way I sell mine now also.

Last edited:
Dave, I always put a fresh drip pan in my rehabbed grills. I too think it is a nice touch. The tank was on the grill to test it out. I don't automatically sell my grills with the tanks. I do offer to sell an empty one for $10 or a full one for $25 however. I get a few takers, but I have more tanks laying around my garage than I care to. Some people already have a tank and don't want to feel like they are paying for another one so I give them the option.

But, that price is a bit higher than I was expecting, but I may just go that route and see what happens. I don't have to sell it right away, but if someone is looking for a Q3xx, less than half price over a new one is a pretty good deal IMO, so the $200 mark doesn't seem too far off. Maybe I will list it for $200 with a full tank and $175 without a tank.

Thanks. Other suggestions are still welcome.

Prices are funny. Q's bring a pretty penny here, but I had to practically give away that Spirit I posted in the other thread. $125- no tank.

Bruce,
I sold a Q3 a lot like yours at the beginning of summer on CL. I I picked it up for $75 and ( after a quick cleaning) it looked like new. I also put a new drip pan in every grill I sell, and one thing that has really worked well for me when rehabbing grills is a fresh coat of Armor All on everything except the grill box. People stumble over themselves when they see that "new" shining grill!! Anyhow, I listed it for $250, and got full asking price because the buyer asked me to drive about 20 minutes bot meet him. I always list about $30-$50 higher then I hope to make, because to me haggling is part of the game.
Good luck,
Tim

That came out really well. The grates came out even better than the one I got from you. Though once you get them hot and seasoned they become a nice shiny black anyway. Around here the prices are all over the map when they come up. See what happens at 2 bills without a tank and if you get pushback maybe throw a tank in

I already dropped it on CL and FB for $175 W/O tank.
Yah, I checked CL and FB before I listed it and I see prices all over the map as well. The trouble is that they are never rehabbed. They are used grills and still dirty. In fact, many of the listings fail to show the cooking grates up close....I wonder why? LOL.

I won't haggle much on the price. Maybe $10 if that, but I think I can get the $175.

Another good rule to follow, is just kind of judge the response over a short amount of time. For instance, I generally never reply to an ad for the first hour after I post it, if it for an item that I'm not sure where the price it at. Let it play out and see what happens. If your phone blows up then there's a pretty good chance that you price it too cheap. Pull the ad immediately, and repost again in a day or two. I posted a sofa back in the early days of craigslist for $100. My phone blew up, and I sold it to the 1st guy that called and meanwhile I had another 15 calls, with people offering me close to $400. Never again.

LOL, I hear you dave. Good advice, I have had similar experiences. Sometimes I just get too anxious to move my grills. If I didn't have 5 more sitting in my driveway staring at me, I probably would hold out much longer. I have had a couple nibbles so far, but no commitments to come see it yet.

Back