Do the Q burner tubes fit a Genesis Gas Grill by chance?

Jeff MA

TVWBB All-Star
Strange question but I was wondering if the Q burner tubes fit the Genesis Manifold? Specifically where they slide onto the Manifold..is it the same diameter by chance?
I want to experiment with some 300/320/3200 tubes on my next project.

Jeff

I believe they are the same size. Though a Q burner is a VERY different animal than a Genesis burner

Larry,
Sure is different but I wanna experiment with something down the road.

I'm hoping Bruce will test the theory for me as I know he has a plentiful supply of both at his Homestead and see if a Q burner tubes mates up to a Genesis manifold.

Jeff

Like I said Jeff they will mate with the valve but will not fit inside a Genesis as the distance from the valve to the firebox is larger. FWIW

Jeff:
I am going to go with a big NO on that. The port on the Genesis Silver B tube is way too small compared to the Q300 burner. If you take the gold cap off the Silver B tube, then it would be much bigger than the Q300 port. I did a comparison to my Q200 and the port on that tube is the same as the Q300.

So, I am going to say that if you want a Q tube to run off a Genesis manifold, you are going to have to do some modding.

Here is a Silver B and Q300 port opening side by side.

ffWLPjo.jpg

No problem. I had the Q300 all apart and I have several sets of Silver B tubes laying around as well.

Back