Lamb Korma

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I guess a more appropriate title for this post would by "Leftovers". My last cook was the leg of lamb I did last week. I had about a pound of meat left from that cook. Decided to use that up by making Lamb Korma, one of my favorite Indian dishes. To accompany the Korma I put together some Indian Rice. There are no photos of that as I cooked it in the kitchen so I could snuff the grill as quickly as possible. Rice ingredients include Basmati Rice, cinnamon stick, green cardamom pods, cloves, cumin seed, water and onion. It was delicious. Here's the rest of the cook.

Earlier in the day I made the paste for the lamb. It consisted of onion, grated fresh ginger, garlic, coriander seed, ground cumin, green cardamom pods, salt and chili flakes. Cubed about one pound of cook lamb.

enhance

Combined paste and lamb and put in fridge for around 2 hours.

enhance

Softened some onions.

enhance

Combined with the meat.

enhance

Slowly added some tomato paste and some plain yogurt a couple of tablespoons at a time.

enhance

Heated up some Garlic Naan.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

I was disappointed with the Korma. Flavor wise it was delicious. We pretty much finished off the whole dish. I like more of a sauce however, almost like a gravy consistency. Will keep experimenting down the road. Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe. Thanks for looking.

Cliff this looks very good and interesting.
I have admit i read thec title rather fast and thiugh you misspelled Coma. But your was anything but that.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Hey Mark.... Thank you for this link. I've got it bookmarked and I know I'll refer to it often.

You're welcome ! We've done a number of her recipes with fine results. We often use her recipe for homemade garam masala and the spiced basmati rice dish that includes it.

Back