Stephen: How Is It Pronounced?

I've always heard it as Steven. Even on old recordings of him he pronounced as with a "V" instead of "PH" or "F"

I would go for the way the family pronounces it.
Chris IIRC you did a trip to Weber headquarters awhile back. Did you meet any family members and do you recall how they were introduced?

Tim

I would go for the way the family pronounces it.
Chris IIRC you did a trip to Weber headquarters awhile back. Did you meet any family members and do you recall how they were introduced?

Yes I did, back in 2008, and I met Ben Stephen. This shows you how bad my memory is. I think it was Steven.

Ph has a f sound when properly pronounced so Stephan should be pronounced Stefan. That being said you should pronounce a persons name the way they want you to. I'm still trying to figure out how singer Sade name could possibly be pronounced Sharday but if she wants to pronounce her name wrong who am I to tell her different.

Stephen is a more common English spelling and in England is typically pronounced like Steven. In America it's a much less common spelling and is frequently pronounced as Bob suggests, with the 'ph' sounding like an 'f'. For some reason this has always struck me as rather amusing.

Along the lines of Sade, many years ago I worked with someone whose last name was spelled Suckle. He pronounced it shook-lee.

Back