Genesis Platinum on ebay in Staten Island New York

Larry I disagree with you on that its a platinum stainless frame but you need nat gas which hurts it but for anyone who has a nat gas hookup its a steal.

It looks to be in decent shape, but I don't find that model very attractive. It looks boring/needs some color. Right? Or am I the only one?

It looks to be in decent shape, but I don't find that model very attractive. It looks boring/needs some color. Right? Or am I the only one?

That one looks like it is covered with dust. If they are shined up they have a kind of cool, if monochrome, look. I see the Platinum as the right-side bookend of the classic Weber Genesis series while the first 1985 red Genesis with the wide slats is the left-hand bookend. Maybe that’s too metaphorical for grills, but that is what I think of:rolleyes:! Lots of eye-catching, colorful Weber’s in between, but I do like the Platinum for what it is.

Yes, the stainless frame is the calling card of the platinum.

The bottom shelf is still painted steel and prone to rust, and I can't tell from the pics if this one's bottom shelf is any good.

Interesting. With a cast aluminium firebox (I'm assuming) and a stainless frame it should be almost indestructible.

Interesting. With a cast aluminium firebox (I'm assuming) and a stainless frame it should be almost indestructible.

Yes, except for the painted steel bottom, back and sides of the cart, this Genesis was built to last. I have one in the pipeline and plan to convert it to an open cart design to overcome the cart deficiencies. The frame is not only stainless but seems to be higher grade 304, too.

3090s93.jpg

Jon I'm a big fan of your detailed pictures, like that last one of the cart connector. I remember your Skyline lid on the same carpet. Do you have a piece of carpet on the work bench or are these pictures on the floor? Haha!

Ha! Most of those pictures are in my man cave study/office for tax returns and yes even some CLEAN grill parts. I did take the hood pictures at Christmas in our living room :eek:, but they were squeaky clean and our old carpeting is shot anyway! It would be really nice if I could finish some flip projects and actually make some money on them; maybe I could afford some new flooring. Then my close ups would have to be taken outside while fending off mosquitoes and sand fleas:p!

Back