Anyone modified HM 4.3 case for Pi Zero?

Todd_C

My gorgeous HM 4.3 case, printed by the esteemed Mr. Mayland, was perfect when I was rocking a Pi 2 / 3...

But now that I'm using a Pi Zero W, those open holes on the left are just begging for bugs to crawl in and wreak havoc.

Just wondering if any other perfectionists had modified the case design to close those up. If not, I might just have to learn how to CAD -- heck, Bryan and HM taught me how to solder, so why not!

TC

Well, you are right, John.....

...but it may not be intuitive for the uninitiated.

I was able to install OpenSCAD, open Brian's file from thingverse, read the code, see the if / then statements regarding Pi Zero, change the parameter at the top to indicate "Zero," render it, and export it to .stl -- all in under 5 minutes. But I'm guessing that some noobs are going to be mighty confused. Let me check with the Maestro (Bryan) to see if he is amenable to posting variants on thingverse that conform to his parameterized outputs.

And lest I forget my manners: thank you for the push to dig deeper on that. My first reaction was to say, "what is he talking about..?!" but I tip my hat to you. TC

The easy path to get this done is already present in Thingiverse. Just load the HM case Thingiverse page and click "Open In Customizer" link on that page. There you can select Pit Probe type, rPi Model and other options, then click the "Create Thing" button and the files for the HM case with the options you selected will be created for you in STL format.

Back