Replacement Grates

ChrisFitz

TVWBB Member
Just taking an very informal survey. Looking to replace the grate on the Performer to something that I feel I will not have to replace every year. Looking at Cast iron, just wondering what everyone is using.

Thanks

I've got the Weber 8835 grate or the 22.5 gourmet grate. The center section rusted up almost immediately. I think that's what they are shipping with some performers. There is such a thing as a Weber 8843 that is a stainless version of this. For some reason, it seems to be available in Europe but that not the US and it annoys me to no end. There's a chinese one out there made of #201 stainless. I've had my grate a couple of years though and just keep using it.

I just feel the Weber grates that come with the kettles are not as made as well as they once were. Just looking for options.

I absolutely would recommend KillaGrilla. Can’t say enough good about his workmanship. His grates are high grade stainless, thick, top drawer. With any kind of care should last for decades. If you use a Slow N Sear or Smokenator his version with one larger fold up side is perfect. He makes ones for the 22 and 26 and may well be the only source for the older flat top 26ers which use smaller grates than the current model.

Last edited:
+1 on KillaGrilla.

I actually splurged for a stainless charcoal grate for my stainless performer from him and was impressed by its quality. I'd buy from him again.

He also has an eBay store and is thus eligible for the ebay promo codes that pop up every now and then.

I bought the craycort cast iron grates a few years ago. They work great for me, I grill on my kettle 3-4 times a week year round.

Back