Source for 2" caster wheels

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Can anyone suggest a source for either Genuine Weber or aftermarket 2" caster wheels with the wheel locks on them? I have several grills coming up and all have the dreaded frozen wheel syndrome. I can buy 2" casters at Menards for about $5 a pair, but they don't have the locks on them. I haven't been able to find any with the locks. And what I have seen of genuine weber wheels, they are pretty expensive.

Larry, we have a couple around here. They do sell the genuine weber wheels but for $7.99 each. Their generic wheels without the stop are more expensive than Menards. It really looks like I am just going to have to pay $6 each for the genuine weber wheels or go with the $5 per pair of the generic wheels without stops.

Dave: that is probably what I will wind up doing. Too bad there isn't a generic equivalent out there for half the price.

Hrrrm. Ace's website shows 2 in Rockford alone, 1 in Winnebago, 1 in Belvedere, and quite a few farther out. I had 2 in less than 10 miles when I was living in Bloomingdale, even carried 1/8" NPT pipe taps on the shelf.

There are none within reasonable driving distance. We used to have one close by "Bob's Ace" and I used them for all my needs including the purchase of the Summit I have. Sadly the influx of big box stores drove them away and the location is now a Rockford Rescue Mission Store. A far cry from a nice hardware store. So my new "go to" place (actually had pretty much always been in addition to Bob's) is Menard's as they have a store right in my town. So they get the bulk of my business (at least 90%). The remainder is an occasional visit to Home Depot or Lowes but the actual ACE and TV stores are just too far away for me to bother with

Thoroughly depressing. :(

My little 'burg of less than 4,000 residents had 3 hardware stores until a year ago, now it's down to 2, one of them is still an Ace which still gets the majority of my 1st attempts (even if one of their clerks tried really hard to **** me off a few years ago...but I digress.) Living 30 miles outside of the metro sort of does that. Even so, in driving into the metro for my day job, there's an Ace less than 2 miles from the corporate offices (that may change in 2 weeks, I'm being outsourced.)

There are things that I end up getting at Menard's, Lowe's, Home Depot..... but quality usually suffers, and I'm frequently not willing to trade the price break.

Can anyone suggest a source for either Genuine Weber or aftermarket 2" caster wheels with the wheel locks on them? I have several grills coming up and all have the dreaded frozen wheel syndrome. I can buy 2" casters at Menards for about $5 a pair, but they don't have the locks on them. I haven't been able to find any with the locks. And what I have seen of genuine weber wheels, they are pretty expensive.

Bruce providing you just need the casters not the frame insert piece these are on my redhead.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...d-Rating-and-Brake-2-per-Pack-49406/203661052

Brian, that is a perfect solution. I do have several of the inserts and just the wheels would be fine. But, the closest place that has them in stock is 75 miles away and it doesn't offer delivery or store pickup. I will have to see it I can find them at another store that I might be driving by in the near future.
Thanks,
Bruce

Brian, that is a perfect solution. I do have several of the inserts and just the wheels would be fine. But, the closest place that has them in stock is 75 miles away and it doesn't offer delivery or store pickup. I will have to see it I can find them at another store that I might be driving by in the near future.
Thanks,
Bruce

I think we had this discussion before, I would call the manager at that Home Depot make it interesting for them meaning worth their while and buy multiple sets not like your retiring from doing Webers over. Its hard for me to believe they would not work out something on ship to store even if it took awhile. Its just another item from the warehouse, you will still have to drive the 75 miles so be it. This appears to be an exclusive item to home depot.

I could get you them locally not sure the shipping would make sense although with the price of gas to drive 75 miles it might. If you were doing maybe 10 sets it would spread the shipping costs. PM me if you are interested in doing that but maybe someone closer to you can get them at Home Depot and since its not coming from ATL might be less on the shipping charges.

Brian,
I don't really want to invest in that many at once. I am making a trip from Wisconsin to San Antonio Tx next month and am sure I will drive past a couple HD's on the way that stock them. I may talk to my local HD and see if they can't order them for me for pickup at store as well.

But, regardless, that is half the price that the Weber wheels would cost me. Most of my Genesis 1000's and Silver B's have frozen wheels, but the inserts are fine. I figure I could finish out my rehab season with 4 or 5 sets this year.

Thanks again for the source. Bruce

Back