New Black Knobs and Black Ignitor Switch Cover replacing the old gray ones on my 2000

I saw Jon put these on his Skyline and Bruce was good enough to provide me with the part numbers. I called directly to Weber and the cost with shipping was a little over $28.00. I think they are an improvement over the gray factory knobs.
http://imgur.com/gallery/3JkPqMT

Bobby please share the part #s for the knobs and the igniter/rocker assembly? They look awesome and I need those for my future 3200! Thanks, Tony

Looks great! I really like these in black, especially tied in with a black handle.

My friend helped me plane and cut 36 oak boards for my Skyline tables, so maybe not too long from now I will FINALLY have a FINISHED Skyline to show:cool:!

Looks great! I really like these in black, especially tied in with a black handle.

My friend helped me plane and cut 36 oak boards for my Skyline tables, so maybe not too long from now I will FINALLY have a FINISHED Skyline to show:cool:!

Jon
Looking forward to your finished Skyline.

Bobby

I might just swap the black knobs I have over to my personal Genesis 1000. I wonder why Weber didn't use them in more grills. It seems like the 2005 Silver B was one of the few models they used them extensively. For something like a grill, it just seems they would show a lot less dirt and grease than the light gray ones used in almost every other model and year of grill.

Jon. WE ARE ALL waiting for the reveal! If you want we can all come to your house this weekend and help you get 'er done! (Unless it's hot and humid). LOL.

Jon, these can be dyed as well, correct? I thought I saw you do that on another one.

Pat,

After cleaning with Xylene (even though new) I painted my side burner knob using a couple coats of Krylon Fusion for Plastic - Satin Black. I was really happy with it. Of course, only time will tell how well it holds up.

35l94hz.jpg

It looked so nice that I was very tempted to paint over my other black knobs and starter cover. For now I am going to wait and see. I figure the main knobs will get dirty much quicker and do still worry about cleaning. I have sunk so much into this that I even I am getting squeamish about buying new black knobs. Seeing that Weber will do a better price than Amazon does make it tempting, though :rolleyes:!

Jon, I would do it but would wait 10 days and hit it some clear the dirt would not be an issue. That way they all match but up to you.

Back