Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spray Duck Fat?

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar

Spray Duck Fat?

I just picked up a can of this stuff from Plaths in Rogers City, did some sausages and eggs with it for lunch the other day, nice stuff.
    Have any of you folks used it, and if so, what we’re your results.
    It’s from “Cornhuskers” they also offer 10 pound tubs of rendered duck fat as well.
    It’s not cheap ($10 a can) but, the sausages developed a lovely crust!
    I tried it on some chicken but, I was a little distracted after my wife broker her arm on vacation!
    I’ll report back as I gather more results.

Edit:
    Just for fun I hit some burgers with the stuff last night, release was perfect, trust was excellent! I will continue the exploration of the stuff.
    Last edited by Timothy F. Lewis; 07-31-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Seriously, no one has used this stuff!!!!
    I’m not pitching or catching here. But, the high heat capacity is pretty good for direct heat applications, I kind of feel like Jack with beans, the stuff is from Iowa, ten bucks a can, all natural, NFI on my part, they also sell tubs of duck fat for deep frying.
    I’m just surprised that this has gotten almost 200 views and NO ONE has used the stuff.
    Sleep well,
    T
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

I have not used it but was interested in this when I saw it on a YouTube channel I sub to. Let me see when I get home which one it was. When I did see it in the video I was a little taken back that it was an spray can
    Haz
    MiniWSM -

OK, September 30 and one person appears to know about this stuff, fascinating!
    I have used it in skillet frying applications and am pretty well pleased with the end result. I have used it as “steak lube” (as disgusting as that might sound) once and, it did a wonderful job but, is it worth $10.00 a can? I can’t say if it helped in any form of a release agent but, it did indeed help in the adhesion of salt, pepper and garlic.
    I suppose that’s about all the information I can share, not what I might consider a glowing recommendation but, it about all I can offer.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Not here either. BUT I lead a sheltered life
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Quack in a can? Now if the can quacked with each spray.......

There’s no echo when you quack it!
    I’ve used it several times as a skillet slicker, it works well enough, the two cans I have will last me a long time at this rate.

Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

I was waiting for that!

TVWBB Member
    Have wanted to try. Just haven't seen it or ordered it yet online. Trying to quit ordering everything online where $100 is free shipping. I seem to always hit that mark when I don't need to.

I think some of the SCA steak guys use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast