Redhead Snap-on edition?

SteveR

TVWBB Member
Hey guys, was wondering if you guys have ever seen one of these or have any info on it, can’t seem to find anything.

It's a promotional Snap-On used to give to their dealers and big customers. If you are a SO collector it could be a nice edition to collect but like the Skyline while it has strong appeal it's not that widespread

I’m gonna pick it up, although it’s not the traditional red genesis, the price is right ($30) and it appears to be in decent condition.

Yah, we have seen a couple of those posted on here in the last year or so. To the average griller, it might be a big deal, but there are probably a few select buyers out there who would love to have one of those sitting outside there shop.

For $30, you can't go wrong, "Snap On" logo or not. Post up some good photos when you get it home.

Here are the updated pics, this will be a challenge for me but for the most part it’s in good condition, very minimal rust but in need of new slats, grates, flavorizer bars and the middle burner knob is stuck. Still very happy with my purchase.

Definitely salvageable. Keep us posted on your progress. I am not sure if a Silver B valve would work, but if you find out it would be a direct replacement for the stuck valve on your grill, I can help you out there. The rest should be easily obtained.

Here are the updated pics, this will be a challenge for me but for the most part it’s in good condition, very minimal rust but in need of new slats, grates, flavorizer bars and the middle burner knob is stuck. Still very happy with my purchase.

So the middle burner knob will not turn if that's the case it just needs to be taken apart and greased up again. Chris has a video on it his valves are different but the principle is the same.

Steve,

I really like that grill, and I can’t even afford any Snap-On tools of my own. If you are doing this for resale, my suggestion is you get it fixed up and then send some emails or even letters with pictures to local auto repair shops. I bet there is at least one who would love to have that for showing off and to grill lunches. My friend here in Hobe Sound has a Green Egg at his shop.

Steve

I would have jumped all over that, even at double the price you paid, it would go nicely with my Snap On tool box.

cJTy50l.jpg

Thanks guys, yea I’m just going to restore it for personal use, just a little worried about the wood slats, not very confident about them.

You'll just have to make your own.

Lowes/Home Depot/I assume Menards all carry cedar 1X2 boards. They work perfect except that they are a little too thick. Some people feel it is not enough to matter, but if you want to get to the original look plane them, or if you don't have access to a planer, then do some sanding to get them down to the right thickness. Just use a decent original as a model. Some others have reported that at least some of the big box stores also have cedar fence posts that are the right thickness but too wide. It might be easier to get those cut on a table saw than to plane/sand. Either way, you can look at some of the great work others here have done to get some tips and inspiration. You can do it!

Back