Side table, cart, or storage?

Steve C

Since Weber does not make a table or a cart specifically for the WSM, I would love to know how some of you are setting up around or next to yours. Are you using a permanent side table or outdoor cabinet of any kind? Where are you keeping utensils, plates, fuel, etc.? Are you bringing them out each time or permanently storing them outside near the smoker?

Thanks,

Steve

I bought a old ss performer that had frame problems i had it welded up and added a different lower self to hold the wsm i used the coal bin for stoarge of smoke wood and gloves. Works good easy to move around.

I have an old stainless Performer and I set it up next to the WSM which I position under the roof overhang at the garage door opening.. It's my table, charcoal starter, and storage for smoke wood is in the charcoal bin. Everything else used is stored in cabinets in the garage or kitchen. Nothing fancy but it works for me.

Built this one for my mini out of an old charbroil cart.
29434147668_cd15908875_z.jpg
[/url]DSCN6159 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Made this one for my JJ and 18.5 WSM out of an old Genesis 1000 frame . I use the side burner to light the charcoal for both. When using the WSM I move the JJ to the table so I have a large work area on the cart.
28434581667_13d9896f3d_z.jpg
[/url]100_1360 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

I set up a wooden TV tray next to the WSM. This holds the Smoke during cooking and provides a surface for setting down the meat before and after cooking. It's marginally adequate. I'd like to have something larger and sturdier but anything semi-permanent would be a problem because there just isn't room where I currently have the smoker. Your question has me thinking about picking up a small folding table. It would give me a lot more room when cooking outside and could double as a "kid's table" when the whole family is here for dinner.

I lean a piece or plywood about 32” square against my backdoor planter brick and plank shelving (on the windward side) and hang the remote for my thermworks on it, cheap and effective! The portable windscreen design is still rolling around in my head. A cart would make life a bit easier! I will find the right collection of components one of these days and get something built!
Kind of looking forward to that project, the ideas keep rolling around in my head...
Much like everything else!

Back