Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Mixer

My wife uses Red Star yeast during the holidays (wife is forever baking rolls & such then), but I haven't baked anything in years. Fast-rise yeast (at least according to what I read) does not have time to neutralize wheat toxins like slow-rise yeast can, so I plan on using something similar to your jar, Clint.

One American, with gluten intolerance, visiting Europe, ate baked goods with no gastric distress. Come to find out, their problem wasn't gluten; it was fast-rise yeast products in American baked goods that had caused their digestive problems. Before the 1980s, all American baked products were produced with slow-rise yeast.

``````````````````````

Larry, have you ever tried Wasa crackers? They are made in Europe, and they may not affect your blood sugar that bad. I can eat a few of them each day with good results, but most of them taste better with something on them (melted cheese, cream cheese, pub cheese, peanut butter, etc.). I like to melt sliced cheese on two slices of Wasa Fiber crackers in our toaster oven, and make a sandwich out of the two. Wasa Sesame is good, toasted or not, and Wasa Multi-Grain is good as is.

http://www.wasa-usa.com/products/cri...d/multi-grain/

Our favorites are Multi-Grain, Sesame, Light Rye, Sourdough, Fiber, and Whole Wheat.
    Last edited by Rusty James; 08-23-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Finally got the video uploaded!...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...20010.mp4?dl=0
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

That's about right. They're pretty noisy machines lots of gear lash in them. My 6 qt is quieter but I think that is due to the moly grease in there. Moly tends to bind into the metal in a way. When I first rebuilt it mine sounded like that but once the moly works into the gears it really quiets down. It's now barely louder than a nice running tilt head which are much quieter machines. Less gear lash, and the nylon fiber fail safe gear really quiets them down a lot. I keep an old Hobart tilt head 3 qt machine around for small things (it's called a 3C) and the one I have here was made in 1957. Can't even hear it running. Powerful little sucker too. The only issue with it is I used regular Mobil 1 grease in it and when it's unused for very long times it does separate and it will leak a teensy bit. So we wipe off the drop or 2 and really run it and once all run and circulated it will be fine for months. I may just pop it open one day though and put the synthetic food grade in it as it never separates and in the tit head machines it operates VERY VERY quietly

If I have wear problems, I'll post back, and I'll use moly grease next time.

Looking back, I'm wondering if I should've replaced the worm gear since this model is 14 years old.

I thought the new worm follower gear would be all brass, but it is magnetic, too, and it looks like the one I replaced.
    Last edited by Rusty James; 08-24-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Yeah brass would not hold up, I don't think I have ever seen a work gear fail though I have seen the large spur gear portion fail on them. I have seen the teeth show very fine chips. It does not take much there to have the machine sound like it's "skipping" or "snapping" under load. If you hear that replace that gear immediately don't wait or it will take other parts with it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456