I'll admit it

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
So I always make it a policy to not put away my grills dirty like for the winter or plain storage. So I was very unhappy to find that I had put the cga that I have been using away for the winter dirty. So I gave it a quick clean and used it for some steaks and hot dogs. The next day I gave it a royal cleaning. Now it's all shiny and ready for upcoming cooks. Don't make that mistake !

I never know when my "last" cook for the season is so I try to give my cookers a scrub late in the season. After that I make it a point to open it up and let it rip after each cook.
I figure the heat will burn off anything left.

So far, none of my grills stay idle.

Come rain, sleet, snow...lol.

With the exception of my kettle grill, I clean all of my cooking surfaces after each meal with soap & water.

Thanks for reminding me. I have 4 grills in the garage that need to be cooked on. They are all clean though. The other 6 have been getting all the action lately.

Now that I have nine grills and smokers I make sure I clean each one completely after each cook, it's a pita to have to clean nine grills and smokers when winter sets in.
Because of my meds I can't tolerate the cold weather outside very much It takes me hours to warm up once I go in. So we only use one gasser and one charcoal grill during the winter both are on the covered patio and steps away from the warm house. The rest are covered and go into hibernation for the winter.

Yea, like me, I don't do cold well at all. So I mainly use my q220 for any grilling during the winter. Everything else is in hibernation.

Down here in Costa Rica the term "winter" means the rainy season(May-Oct) in which I air-out my WSM "Classic" once-a-week to prevent mold build-up. I also take-off the door when the WSM is not in use for the same reason.
Besides the WSM 18" Classic I have the Weber Mastertouch 22" and a Weber Smoky Joe grills and I clean my grills after each use.

Last edited:
I surface clean my cookers after a cook (grates, remove ash & grease, etc.), but "royal cleaning" only happens when I'm antsy and need something to do. Done it to my 2005 WSM twice.

This assumes there's only one pitmaster to a household. Ah, if my pits would only stay as clean as I leave them.

This assumes there's only one pitmaster to a household. Ah, if my pits would only stay as clean as I leave them.
Hi Donna, there is only one in this household. As I have mentioned elsewhere, DH does the cooking and I find the recipes. OK, I do let DH pick out what he wants to cook a lot of the time. lol.

That, I hope will explain my question to you all. Why so many grills?

Back