Fair price for used Performer

Depends on SS or the later model. The later model could be had with or without gas assist. An average new model with gas assist I would say $125-150 in good condition, although recently I've seen people asking over $200 but they don't seem to be going anywhere. SS I would say about around $100.

I've got one local that I've been watching on facebook marketplace for 180. I can't really justify it now though. I think Rich is right on. I would want the gas assist if I was going to bother with a performer.

It has a timer with no gas assist, only you can decide.
Personally, it that's 80 miles one way, I'd pass.

00g0g_dbbVxRfFORb_1200x900.jpg

It looks like a 3rd generation Performer without gas-assist. People upgrade the work table to a metal one from a 4th generation Perfomer using p/n 65189 for ~$70 (it might be cheaper directly from Weber).

In my opinion, it's not a great price.

Really comes down to how often Performers pop up in your "local" market and how badly you want it right now. If you can wait, set up alerts on CL and FB so you'll be notified when Webers are listed instead of trying to get lucky and find one on random searches.

May sound like a dumb question, what are the advantages of the performer besides the table space, the rack underneath, and the gas assist (if available)?

Look at the lower right side on the front panel. There is a usually a square timer there if it's not gas assist. If it's gas assist you see a more rectangular plastic part that flips up. The one Dave posted is gas assist. The one you posted is not. I like performers in that it solves a lot of problems I currently have. It has a place for the freaking lid and to put grates, etc. The gas assist is kind of bonus, but I think I'd want it even if down the road, I quit using it or something. I'd rather have one with the metal table, but I think you can buy a new metal table and swap it out down the line.

May sound like a dumb question, what are the advantages of the performer besides the table space, the rack underneath, and the gas assist (if available)?

I have a one-touch platinum -- similar to a non-gas assist performer.
When cleaning off the cooking grate, the kettle is much more stable when installed in a cart. I always felt like the leg sockets were flexing when I cleaned the grate on a regular kettle.

uY97_0vPaPRsFSDAEC9_x6ct7J-uZZ09uEyjTGLcVw1L9vfHmGy95pP1isyCtZB6W84ACzrsZUGsWKBitW_d2izGOPyBAWQOYYWNDVSatOiEBMXrxsewnLg1LYgLFYVod3CGJ84DVw=w800

I think I paid 125 or 150 for mine. I overpaid based upon condition but it was Blue and I wanted blue. It had some rust on some of the parts. I was able to get Weber to cover some parts under the warranty as it was still under warranty. I did purchase some items myself, including a stainless steel replacement grate.

I now have a steel table on it and am happy with it. However, if I had to do it again I would definitely want one in better shape or just buy new. It wasn't worth the PITA to rehab for the savings I got. All in, I think I'm close to $225 cleaned up and a bunch of hours. I'm not sure if the previous owner ever dumped the ash or cleaned anything.

I'm kind of with you on this, Rusty. Cooking-wise there's absolutely no difference between it, and say a premium kettle. It's mainly about those conveniences and for me it's just not worth it to buy a new one. People on this forum are huge fans and I totally get it, but for most of us we could just stick a table next to our kettle and get the same result.

Back