Anyone in the Juniper FL area want to rehab a Crown Verity Grill??

Anthony@TO

TVWBB Member
Anyone in the Jupiter FL area want to rehab a Crown Verity Grill??

Anyone on this board in the Jupiter FL area? There is a 36” Crown Verity on Offerup for only $100! That’s right, only ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!

I know this is a Weber forum, but it’s a great deal IMO.

If I live in the area, I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/516123361/

Last edited:
Those are the cream of the weber crop, however, I think they suffer from the same issue as the Summits with the cook box. If you grab it, be prepared to spend some bucks to get it fixed up and the parts are not floating around out there like they are for a Genesis Silver B.

But, those things cost Thousands new back in the day.

These grills are suppose to be constructed with high end 18 gauge 304 SS, down to the nuts and bolts. I was originally in search of a Weber Summit but after reading about the firebox issues, I ended up picking up one of these instead.

Maybe Jon should pick it up and dump his Summit grills LOL

Parts are expensive though. That’s the down side.

A 2018 model in 36” will cost about C$3500, and it’s discounted for sale already. List says C$4100. I’m guessing it’ll probably cost U$2700-U$3000 in the US.

Last edited:
Jon Tofte - that CV grill is calling your name ;)

I PM'd him already lol. The seller is in Jupiter FL, so that is in Jon's neighbourhood if I'm not mistaken.

Unfortunately I can't change the title on the thread to Jupiter FL.

Last edited:
That was the Vieluxe. Crown Verity isn't affiliated with Weber in any way that I'm aware of.

Crown Verity is a Canadian company, eh. They are family owned & operated, and have no affiliation with Weber...to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe Jon Tofte? LOL...Come on Jon, admit it.

I am guessing between his Broil Master, Skyline and who knows what he might have gotten to the point of actually finishing this stuff otherwise must have the most wonderful wife in the world mine would have killed me already. I could honestly say if I brought that Broil Master home and said I spent 300 bucks on it no matter what kind of parts they threw in probably would be a moot issue as I would not be posting anymore, might be a good thing. :eek:

I make it a point to show the money to my wife every time I sell one of my grills. Because everytime she she's another Grill sitting in the driveway or the back of my truck she gives me that look. The only way I can keep her at Bay is to make sure she realizes that they are getting rehabbed and sold because my stock never seems to dwindle.

Our organization bought it for our college cafeteria. I was all over it;)! Way better solution than Summit. It was being dumped by seller because it had surface rust spots on the stainless. Crown sent him a NEW one! Looks redeemable and it doesn’t really matter because it will be just sitting out back of the cafeteria churning out burgers and grilled chicken. It won’t be a deck queen at all.

I will try to post pics soon.

Anybody in the market for a huge trove of Summit 600 series grill parts:rolleyes:?!

LOL, We can always count on you Jon. I am sure the college will appreciate the burger factory.

I am guessing between his Broil Master, Skyline and who knows what he might have gotten to the point of actually finishing this stuff otherwise must have the most wonderful wife in the world mine would have killed me already. I could honestly say if I brought that Broil Master home and said I spent 300 bucks on it no matter what kind of parts they threw in probably would be a moot issue as I would not be posting anymore, might be a good thing. :eek:

Brian,

I read that one to my trying to be patient wife:eek:!

Jon

Brian,

I read that one to my trying to be patient wife:eek:!

Jon

Jon, I tend to sell my grills on a particular facebook "trading post group" for a particular town 2 towns over from me that is closed to the general public (to join, you need a moderator's approval and all that good stuff), and of course my wife is in that group also. She pretty much knows when my grill goes up for sale and how many interested potential buyers respond to my ads.

She even found a grill for me to purchase on the same facebook group earlier this year.

She will roll her eyes at me sometimes regarding my grill hobby, but she lets me be and I do appreciate it.

Great find on that CV. The only reason those little rust spots came out is there may have been some steel dust in the area or the grill was not completely washed during manufacture. Washing it down with a scrubbing pad and mild acid will get rid of it. Maybe a little distilled white vinegar should do the trick

Great find on that CV. The only reason those little rust spots came out is there may have been some steel dust in the area or the grill was not completely washed during manufacture. Washing it down with a scrubbing pad and mild acid will get rid of it. Maybe a little distilled white vinegar should do the trick

I tried baking soda & vinegar but it didn't seem to work. This weekend I'm going to try Easy Off Oven Cleaner (yellow can) and see how it goes.

Using baking soda and vinegar will not work. Use vinegar ONLY as if you use both one neutralizes the other. The vinegar will dissolve the little rust bits in the stainless pores and will work. But, you cannot make it work with both. Another thing you can use on it is "Lime Away" which uses phosphorous to dissolve rust. But WEAR GLOVES because believe me that stuff WILL eat your skin off

Using baking soda and vinegar will not work. Use vinegar ONLY as if you use both one neutralizes the other. The vinegar will dissolve the little rust bits in the stainless pores and will work. But, you cannot make it work with both. Another thing you can use on it is "Lime Away" which uses phosphorous to dissolve rust. But WEAR GLOVES because believe me that stuff WILL eat your skin off

Larry,

Thanks for the ideas! I am going to have a young guy who is working for us this summer do some of the grunt work - it's not my grill:D! I will make sure he has good gloves. I have a good supply of Scotch Brite scouring pads, too. We'll start with the distilled white vinegar and take it from there. THANKS!

Back