Best bbq in every state

Interesting article.

They left out Bridge's BBQ in Shelby, NC. It's probably the most popular BBQ joint between Lexington and the Tennessee border. As a matter of fact, Bridges was voted the best BBQ restaurant in the USA in a publication from a few years back - even beating out Franklin's of Texas.

Eastern NC BBQ is good, too. I knew a man that would drive over 300 miles round trip just to eat at a place called Chavis' BBQ in Lumber Bridge, NC! He loved that vinegar sauce.

Last edited:
Funny thing about "Little Miss BBQ" in Phoenix they were on the local news awhile ago and it's true there was line of people to get in. Must be pretty good chow because it was 115 outside where the line was, now that's dedication.
Me, I don't think so.

They picked Louie Mueller Barbecue in Texas. The quality of food is up there with the best, but you also have the history and the full experience that you don't get from the new school places.

Last edited:
after scrolling thru that article for what seemed like an hour, i was disappointed to see LD's tops Wisconsin's list.

Second and third were Iron Gate and Speed Queen.
I've had LD's, and it would NOT get my vote.
Haven't tried Iron Gate yet, but everyone i know that has RAVE about their Que...
And Speed Queen is a classic joint, been there many times.

Back