V3 Electrical Schematic Question

MStiller

I'm back with another stupid EE question!

I've been looking through the PCB schematics to try to better understand how things are connected in the HM. Looking at the V3 schematic, I have a couple questions:

In the power supply section (top right), C3 is a 0.1uF capacitor, but the connection coming off of the top of the schematic isn't connected to anything. Also, there is a break in the ground connection to the left of C3, I assume that should that just continue over to C3? I checked the V2 schematic to compare, and C3 isn't there at all. I'm guessing it's just a decoupling capacitor, so I'm assuming it should just be included in the circuit but only connected to power and ground, but I wanted to make sure, as I would expect a decoupling capacitor to be as close to the IC as possible, so maybe it's not that? (I don't really know what I'm talking about!!)

Assorted wisdom much appreciated.

Last edited:
The arrow pointing up above C3 represents the connection which connects to other spots on the schemat that show the arrow with 3.3v next to it. The break in the ground connection is OK, the ground symbol is shown below the line, anything connected to that line is grounded. The caps are filter caps....

Back