Tomahawk Pork Chops on the Q

Darryl P

TVWBB Member
Fellow Q Grillers,

Fired up the baby Q tonight for a quick dinner of Tomahawk Pork Chops and grilled zucchini. A few years back I got rid of my Q 220 and now I wish I had the grill space. Ah oh well, saving up for the Q 3200.

Below are the pics

Enjoy!

Meat

Veg

Serious questions: Is grilled Zuchini any good? Or does it just make you feel good to say you ate veggies? Do you just grill it or is there any other prep.

Keep you eyes open on craigslist and FB marketplace for a Q3xx. Save yourself a chunk of change by finding a used one and doing a little cleaning. I have a Q300 in my driveway now that I paid $50 for. But, I still need to dig into it and clean it up. In the mean time, the Q100 and Q200 and Genesis 1000 are making it easy to put off cleaning up the Q300.

Hey Bruce,
For the grilled zucchini I heavily add olive oil and coat with salt and pepper. I grilled for a few minutes a side on medium-high. This makes it taste much better. On a veggie yummy scale where 1=sucks and 10=awesome, this approach yields a 6. My kids (boys 6 and 8) ate them and didn't complain too much.

Personally I prefer zucchini sauteed in olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper on the stove. But why dirty up another dish when the Q is already fired up :)

Hope this helps and thanks for advice on looking for a used 300-3000 series.

-D

I make a marinade for it. EVOO, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes, salt (Kosher or Sea only never iodized I can taste it), and some black pepper. Whip everything up in the food processor and marinate the zuchs. Once the grill is hot (higher heat works best here) I grill them. I take them off once they're well marked and crisp tender and dress with a reduced balsamic vinegar glaze (just a bit) (this https://alessifoods.com/catalog/product/1705/alessi-balsamic-reduction is one I use) and on the yummy scale the lowly vegetable reaches a lofty 8 to 9 on a scale of 10

Bruce, one tip. Don't buy great big ones. Buy them on the smaller side if they get big the inside turns all spongy and they're not "good eats"

Great idea with the balsamic glaze. Ramping up the flavor and texture with zucchini has always been challenge and will definitely try it out next time. Also, I saw those chops at the meat counter at the local Harris Teeter and I HAD to get them. The chops were super flavorful and tender.

Back