WSM 18.5 replacement water bowl

Mike A.

TVWBB Fan
My original water bowl developed a hole and I'm looking to replace it. I don't like the new replacement from Weber because it's so deep. I run without water, really just looking for a grease tray / deflector.

Saw a shallower SS mixing bowl at a Restaurant Equippers that may fit the bill. However, the steel is much thinner than the original. Not a killer since it's only about $6. Anyone have experience w/ something like that? Thanks.

I replaced mine with a Brinkmann water pan, but it may be hard finding one at a decent price. Academy Sports carried them at one time, but I am not sure anymore.

Remember the old porcelain wash pans? I wonder if one of those would work?

Yes, a s/s mixing bowl will work, it's come up in past threads. I can't point you to one in particular, unfortunately. Just whatever you can find that works.

If your old bowl is structurally sound and just has a hole in it, maybe put a foil-covered terra cotta saucer inside the bowl. Or just wrap it with several layers of 18" wide foil.

I wish Weber still made the old water pans...

I replaced mine with a Brinkmann water pan, but it may be hard finding one at a decent price. Academy Sports carried them at one time, but I am not sure anymore.

I beg your pardon, I meant to say Brinkmann charcoal pan - not water pan. The water pan is too small.

I think this is what I have, although the seller is calling it a charcoal water pan. :confused:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brinkmann-812-0002-0-Smoker-Charcoal-Water-Pan-15-Inch-replacement-15-Vertical/322582661659?epid=1337789819&hash=item4b1b6cca1b:g:jP8AAOSwvPRZX8On

s-l1600.jpg

It's late, and I can't remember my Brinkmann bowl diameter. I'll try and post it later.

Thanks all! I actually have one of the old Brinkman pans somewhere, bought it when I was still using water; unfortunately you lose some charcoal space w/ that one too. My only concern with a SS mixing bowl is that it might have some other stuff in the metal that might not be good to burn, or that it would burn through because it's thin. I'll give it a shot.

I use a heavy duty aluminum pizza pan in my 22.5. You should be able to find one of the right diameter on Amazon. Foil it to keep it cleaner and you have tons of charcoal space.

When mine goes I'll go with a deflector of some kind like a UDS. I used water in mine on the first cook and haven't done so since.

I use a tera cotta flower pot watering base it is 14.5 inches i just bent tabs a bit. Foil it and it also is thick enough to be a heat sink. Works great.

Back