Weber Q's everywhere!!!

Tim K

TVWBB All-Star
My sons and I just got back from a week long camping trip at Cape Hatteras, and I was amazed at the number of Q's being used at the campground! Older Q's, newer Q's electric Q's, they were all represented. I've taken mine with me all over, and sang its praises to anyone who would listen. It was just cool to see the grill that doesn't get much press, or mention, being used by so many!!
Tim

I see the same thing when we take our rv out, both in campgrounds and boondocking, seems like more Q’s being used than anything else, mostly 100 type series but our 220 does just fine.

Honestly, I don't think you can find a better grill for camping than a Q. I used to run with a Q100 in my camper, but since have gone with a Q140 simply for the convenience factor of not having to deal with the propane. But, I still can take my personal home Q100 or Q200 if we won't have electric where we are camping.

My thoughts on camping..........................not for me. I camped last night. Had the bedroom windows open

KshMs3n.jpg

Up here is Wisconsin we have concealed carry and that guy is pretty big, but no match for a 9MM.

We have it here in IL. After CherryVale mall was shot up by some gang bangers again a couple months ago my youngest daughter now wants to get a CC permit. She can actually handle a 357 mag with full loads. Do you need a special permit?

I dont think you need a special permit other than concealed carry to tote a 357 as long as you can "conceal" it. However, I would not consider a .357 for concealed carry. It just isn't practical. For a girl, I would just get a 9mm semi auto compact for concealed carry. It should be something easily concealed and quick and easy to handle.

I thought it was next to impossible to get a CC permit down in IL? And actually, you can Open Carry without a permit in Wisconsin.

No she's not wanting a 357 for CC. I was just amazed she handled it so well. Yeah for her a 380 or 9mm but with her temper I would not trust her with a slingshot LOL. Actually it's not all that hard here to get CC. Actually IMO it's too easy. I have seen some total fools toting iron and it scares the s&*t outta me that people like that are armed.
So you can literally just strap one on as long as it's not concealed?

Yah, just like the Wild West. OK Corral style.

I know you guys have some tight gun laws though. They make big note of it with Chicago being the "murder capital of the US". I also know they limit ammo purchases because we get a lot of IL residents coming up here to buy ammo.

Yeah. We have more murders per capita in Rockford IL than in Chicago. The FBI classified Rockford as one of the most dangerous places in the US to live. Nice distinction huh?

I don't really know. But it really is scary any more. I still cannot stomach the idea of feeling the need to strap on a weapon. But sadly it's the state of our society today. Heck we even have armed guys (volunteers) every weekend patrolling inside our church. I never knew that. The son of one of the guys in my bible study small group is one of them nonchalantly walking around the mall area (yes our church is quite huge and is the former Colonial Village Mall) and being on lookout for any possible signs of trouble. Yet like a federal air marshal you'd never know who they were unless they were needed

Seems odd you would need that at a church, but when you think about it, they seem to have become the targets of a lot of the nut jobs out there.

Larry, I have had my CC license for about 5 or 6 years now and I have only packed one time and that was only in my truck. I didn't carry on my person. I may be a bit naive living up here in rural Wisconsin, but I have never felt scared to go anywhere around here without protection. I do stay the hell out of Milwaukee though and Madison is getting a bit dicey, but I am comfortable up here.

It is also a comfort that I know I am able to grab my weapon and take it along any time I might feel the need.

Just sad we have to feel like this. I guess the "guards" have had to intervene a number of times at the church but had never had to draw a weapon. Only restrain and call authorities.

Back