Cursive

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
37590439_1140517109432380_5909975578840137728_o.jpg

You want to see something truly scary? Ask a high school student to write a sentence in cursive. They can't! They no longer teach it because everything is now done on computers.
Tim

I was taught it but I pretty much write in print anyway and I'm 43. My problem is we moved a few times when I was a kid and every time I moved it was to a school where they hadn't learned it yet. They'd make me switch back to print until they were taught it. It drove me crazy. Maybe it is a waste of time, but it seems weird not to be taught it.

After 38 years printing field notes and on drawings as a surveyor, I can print faster that I can write in cursive, plus it's readable.
My cursive looks like a first graders would if they still did it.

I learned cursive in school and then the Army came along and we were required to record all notes and copied code (CW) in Print. Classes were conducted and we relearned to print the Army's way. I still print to this day.

I know how to write in cursive, but it's even LESS legible than my printing, which I refer to as Phil-scribble! Heck, I have a hard time reading my own writing sometimes!
On the plus side, every annual inventory, guess who gets to count and not get writer's cramp? ;)

Back