Paprika Recipe Manager

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
This is worth it for the shopping list alone. Before, I'd write down what I wanted on whatever scrap piece of paper, with this, I'm able to enter stuff on whatever computer or my phone & it's there.... and then check the box while wandering around as you grab each item - that's just manual entry.

It does a pretty good job of parsing recipes from websites (either subsription or not), manual entry of recipes is pretty easy.

Things that could be better:

1) as-is, to get a picture to display next to the name, it has to be uploaded from my pc if it's not imported with the recipe the first time. It would be nice if they added an option to upload the image from a url.

2) the nutrition info only grabs whats posted on the page, it doesn't appear to do any calculations or formatting, it just displays the text. I've been using MyFitnessPal to import recipes & calculate the nutritional info.

MyFitnessPal might be a decent free alternative, but I don't think it's nearly as functional, other than the calorie/nutrition calculations, not to mention it's ability to log your consumption.

We were taking over a thread & I thought this might be a good place for Paprika-specific (and comparisons to other) applications.
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?74479-Recipe-Software

Last edited:
I'm still with you 100% on Paprika. The grocery list and pantry are convenient, though I've only played with pantry one day and still need to populate it with my inventory. When I make new foods (or tweaks) I maintained an Excel spreadsheet for my log. Currently, I use Paprika's Notes field to log my cook. The recipe, method, and my personal notes are in one location.

On recipes that I've downloaded I have not yet had an occurrence where the image thumbnail did not come over. To date, I have 78 recipes loaded. Right now, I would say my only wish would be to have any extra photos saved with a recipe to print with the recipe (or to choose to print them or not). Maybe there's a way to do it that I don't know about.

Annual Thanksgiving & Black Friday Sale

There's a new version & it's on sale - I don't think I'll update and I'm not sure what's all included, but it seems to be half price for black friday. I just don't have time to look at it now.

I paid $19.99 for the windows version & I can have up to 3 devices (I think). I have it on 2 PCs & 1 phone.

Check the specifics before you buy because I don't know all the details.

http://www.paprikaapp.com/blog/

"Annual Thanksgiving & Black Friday Sale
November 19, 2018

Hi folks. To help everyone prepare for Thanksgiving this year we are placing all of our apps on sale once again! All versions of Paprika are now on sale from now until the end of November. Happy cooking!

Sale prices:

iOS: $2.99
macOS: $14.99
Windows: $9.99
Android: $2.99

Note: these sale prices are listed in US Dollars, actual pricing may vary by country. If you are not in the United States, please consult the App Store listing on your device for the correct sale prices.
Paprika 3.0 is now available for Android
November 14, 2018

Paprika 3.0 is now available for Android! It has been completely redesigned and rebuilt from scratch. Here’s a look at the new app:"

Thx for the update; I'll check it out. I use this program on a weekly basis and still love it.

Thx for the update; I'll check it out. I use this program on a weekly basis and still love it.

same here but I use it almost daily. I was adding or looking something up when I noticed the small info update button.

Back