Latch 4 a WSM 22"

DBono

TVWBB Super Fan
"Hi All I put a hinge on my 22" and some times the weight of the hinge , when I open the WSM moves the center section away from the bowl.
I need a latch for the middle section to the bottom bowl.
THanks Dan

I installed this on my 18.5 after installing the hinge and having the middle section try to tip over (when empty)

I got them from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00G56WA42/tvwb-20

Installed three of them. I can now pick up the entire smoker, even when it is full. (disclaimer: You should never attempt to do this during a cook)

Partly open showing how it hooks under the lip of the lower unit:

bill-craven-latch1.jpg

Closed:

bill-craven-latch2.jpg

I also added handles. Also from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07178PKHY/tvwb-20

GLnL3mt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I obviously have not but it seems like the top goes in the same area where the door sits. It could be a problem with a cajun bandit door.

Hi All I went ahead and ordered the clip, should be here in a few days..Will post back with the results..I hope it works! Was outside getting the WSM 22 ready for today's smoke and , every time I lifted the lid the middle section came away for the bottom bowl. This only happens when there is nothing on the grates.
Dan

I’ve not installed a hinge on my WSM but, I really like the draw latch mod! Once I get the portable windscreen designed, this might be handy indeed.

They actually work well. I have one on my 22 with the CB door.

Hi Is the clip from HUNSAKER SMOKERS. Working good? Mine arrive this morning i haven't put it on yet..Looks a little flimsy to me.
Thanks Dan

Hi Is the clip from HUNSAKER SMOKERS. Working good? Mine arrive this morning i haven't put it on yet..Looks a little flimsy to me.
Thanks Dan

I thought so too. It actually works. I squeezed the pre bent area a little more to get it to seat better on the bottom lip.
just remember to take it off if you have to place the mid section on the ground because it hangs below the bottom edge.

I thought so too. It actually works. I squeezed the pre bent area a little more to get it to seat better on the bottom lip.
just remember to take it off if you have to place the mid section on the ground because it hangs below the bottom edge.

Hi Thanks really good to know,I had my doubts. Will put it on soon.
Thanks Again Dan

I put one on my 14.5" & 18.5", works great. I also have hinges on them as well, definitely tightens things up. Reminds me now, I need another one for my 22.5".

Hi All I finally got a chance to put the clip on..Took 3 tries the bottom part wouldn't sit too good on the bottom bowl. The clip moves some around the bottom of the bowl. I'l find out tomorrow how good the clip works went I use the WSM.
Thanks DanB

Hi I finally got to use the WSM and test out the clip.. I still have make some adjustments with the clip. The problem did happen 2 x today, I think In have to make the clip tighter.
Dan

Hi All The clip didn't work too good.. I'm going to try these toggle clamps. Any one use them?
Thanks Dan

FbU3qhB.jpg

Back