Rotisserie Sirloin Tip Roast

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
The price for tri-tip has increased of late, so I've been on the lookout for alternatives.
Found this for a decent price.

jrwEQ9O.jpg

Rubbed with Oakridge BBQ's Santa Maria. Ready to spin over RO lump and 4 big chunks of mesquite. Some foiled reds on a grate below.

jjHFPUg.jpg

One of the few times where the Meater's ambient temp agrees with Smoke's air probe. Usually happens towards the end of the cook.

OXfh7Hs.jpg

Pulled at 125*.

LJtpyfz.jpg

fL1yKrW.jpg

Short rest (we were hungry) and a few slices.

R7TYfBP.jpg

Some 3 bean salad and a little horseradish sauce... Time To Eat!

pJ19S2d.jpg

Dinner was great and we'll be having many Baltimore pit beef sandwiches for a while.

DO you find the meater to be pretty accurate? Thermoworks sets a high bar for sure.

Looks terrific Robert. Great looking roast. I grew up on those sirloin tip roasts. Still get a twinge of nostalgia whenever I see one. My parents were "well done" folks and we never had meat cooked rare, but my memories recall they still were delicious and I know yours was too.

Great looking roast Robert. Here Tri Tips are not as popular as the west coast. I've got four in the freezer right now all of which came out of the dog food section of the meat dept. Three were $1.99 lb. and one at $1.49 lb. Barb and I just love them.

Robert, that sliced pic and plated pic tells the story. Fantastic and all those sammie's in the near future.

Back