Those of you who are griddle fans and smash burger fans

I think you would need to reinforce the wheels and frame on most grills to hold something like that.

1" plate?

Dang, that's heavy.

I've burn out pieces that size many times, but I had a 400 lb magnet to pull the parts with.

I like the end results though considering the even heat output.

Yah, that is what I was thinking. You are not going to turn on the grill and have your eggs and bacon in 15 minutes. That is for sure. Long time to cool as well.

I would think half or 5/8" would work quite well also. I think the reason he made it so thick is that he needed the depth for the drip edges. But, I still think he could have gotten away with something thinner than 1". If you were running a restraunt or something where you were continually using it over a long period of time, it would be great, but for a quick bacon eggs and cakes meal, not so much.

LOL, I hear you Pat. I think that every time I go to rehab another grill. I think, geez, it would just be easier to buy a new one. :)

Actually other than a drip edge 1/4" would suffice just fine. I think he just had the stock laying around. But you have to watch this guy and understand his mind. He's a little uh weird but in a way a mad genius

Yah, the guy definitely sounds like a fun guy.

"Laying around". Yah, that is what a 1" thick piece of steel is going to do. It isn't like the wife is going to move it out of the way. hahaha

Someone needs to contact RCPlanebuyer and ask him what it would cost to have him fab up one of those in stainless and better yet, what it would cost for shipping? :);):D

Is that a square foot of 1" plate?

If so, that would be about 174 lbs to cover a Silver B cooking grate.

the silver b cook area is 611 square inches. You said a square foot (144 sq inches) of 1" plate is 41 lbs. Divide 611 by 144 and you get 4.24 square feet of cooking area. So multiply that by 41 lbs and you get 174 lbs total.

Of course, that is old math, not the new math they use now.

Back