Konnichiwa from Japan!

Joe E.

Hello All,

I'm excited to be getting a WSM 18 within the next week. It looks like TVWB is the place to be to become a WSM pro. Glad I found this community. Have a great one!

Joe

Hi Jesse, I'm excited too. Hard to find American BBQ here in Japan so I have to make my own.

What area of Japan are you residing in? Oh welcome Joe great to have abroad. Love to see what combinations you can put together with the local flair.

Welcome Joe! Back in the day I was stationed in Atsugi, Japan at the Naval Air Facility. Enjoy you new WSM!

Ryan

Joe,
I pulled a TDY (temporay duty from Clark AB in The Phillippines) in Yokota back in 1972 i bet it has changed a bit since then.

Hi Kevin,

I was here in 1992, and it has changed alot since then. I can only imagine the change since 1972.

Joe

Kevin,

Thank you for your service as well. I retired after 20 years and remained in Japan because the Mrs. didn't want to leave. I enjoy it here, but one of the few negatives is that it's hard to find good American BBQ...so I'll have to make my own with my new WSM ;)

AH I feel your pain my wife is S Korean we have been married this year 43 years if we moved and lived in Korea BBQ would not be a hard thing to find. That area as I remember is a wonderful place there was 11 of us along with some PJs and we visted the Yamaha factory warehouse and bought left over season bikes and brought them back with us the PI . First time i ever ate Sushi was a eye opening experience.
Congrats on your retirement and hope you have many more great years to cook while there.

Back