Rotisserie Setup for Genesis 330

Gom

My Genesis 330 has burners that run North and South. I'd like to add a rotisserie, but have read on a few posts that burners running East and West are the best set up. Since of course, I can't change my burner set up, I am wondering if anyone here has had success using a rotisserie on a Genesis 330 and which burners did you use and which did you turn off?
Has anyone put left and right knob on low and used drip pan over middle burner on off position? I'd like to hear your success stories before I spend 100 bucks on a rotisserie kit.

I have the EP-330, and bought the rotisserie, which doesn't work very well because there is not much vertical clearance. But the main issue is the burners are laid out in the wrong direction for the roto. They should be parallel to the spit, rather than perpendicular to it.
I put the left and right burners on low and middle one off. When I spin chickens, the meat near the ends of the spit gets overcooked, and the meat in the middle is much less cooked.

Here is an answer do what you please with it. I own a number of grills (2 Genesis with EW burners, a Wolf with NS burners and an EW infrared rotisserie burner, a Summit 450 with NS burners which is basically a nicer/better version "arguably" than your 330, a Weber Q320 and a Weber Kettle charcoal grill). I have done rotisserie cooking on the Genesis grills, the Summit, and the Wolf.
Here is how I rank them. Tops for the tastiest and nicest looking rotisserie the Genesis EW models. very close 2nd is the Wolf (as long as the IR burner is in use). a VERY distant last place is the Summit with NS burner and no rotisserie burner. So much so that IMO adding a rotisserie to ANY grill with only NS burners is a total waste of time and $$$$ as all you end up with is food cooked only on the "ends". Forget any "propaganda" Weber or others may put out about how the heat "circulates" it is utter and total BS.
Bottom line if you REALLY want to do rotisserie find an EW Genesis or invest in a quality grill with a true rotisserie burner installed.

I'll chime in that I have an old 2000, and the east west burners are just perfect for rotisserie cooking. I don't see how you would do it with north south. If you use the center burner, it'll be too hot and the side burners will just cook the ends of the meat.

Yup, EW burners are the way to go when doing rotisserie. As LM said, invest in a EW Genesis grill (Silver B or 1000 series) and you'll have a truly dedicated rotisserie grill. Keep looking out for them on CL/FB/Offer Up/Letgo as you could probably find one to rehab for free or dirt cheap. I would go with the Genesis 1000 series for rotisserie because you'll have a little more clearance when doing larger roasts due to the removal of the top flavorizer bars.

Last edited:
Yep, one thing about the Wolf I especially enjoy is it's so big that I can do anything but the largest roasts without needing to remove the grates. This allows me to slip a side dish such as grilled veg or polenta over a couple burners lit on each side, or if spinning pork slipping a burger or something in for my wife who has an allergy to piggy. I can also slip a foil packet of chips over the 2 outermost burners to help add some smoke too. The Weber is too small to leave grates in there

Responding to an old post as I am in research mode. As the Weber’s I am looking at are all NS, I am looking at 4 burner grills to give me the room to cook indirectly/Rotisserie in the middle. Don’t need a 4 burner. Only other option is to go to a different brand with an IR Rotisserie burner...

Do yourself a favor and get an older E/W style Genesis or get something else. I have tried doing rotisserie on my old Summit 450 (early model with no rear burner so very much like new Genesis grills) and spinning on it was a waste of time and effort. Food only cooks on the ends center stays under cooked unless you over cook the ends. Not good eats. Highly recommend finding an old Genesis and if you like use it for spinning only and use the other for regular cooking. Otherwise forget about spinning food. Yes Weber sells a kit for the newer style Genesis but it's not worth the trouble or cost

Agree, you pretty much need burners that run alongside the spit. Look at the rotisserie setups in restaurants, or even a gyro meat wheel. This is a known, proven phenomenon.

Do yourself a favor and get an older E/W style Genesis or get something else.

THis is what I was going to suggest. But that doesn't mean you have to give up your E330. Just find a decent Genesis 1000 or Silver B for $50 or less and fix it up and drop a Roto in that. For about $150, you can have a great dedicated rotisserie grill. Of course, you could also cook steaks on it as well if you run out of room on the E330. But, it is tough to beat the older Genesis grills for rotisserie use and they are a dime a dozen on CL and FB marketplace.

Back