Joined the Club Yesterday

ChrisB in FL

TVWBB Member
Busch Gardens was a bust but snagged a Q off CL while I was in the Tampa area. $40 got me a slightly dirty Q200, stand, and 20 lb. propane tank with adapter. Not as good as some have done, but I'm not complaining. Everything seems to work at least, so should just be a matter of cleaning it up.

wgpj5.png

Hey for $20 you're still 80% there. A little cleaning you're golden. Doesn't look like you need to spend anything

There should be NO RUST on the legs. They are aluminum on the cook box and a composite for the actual frame legs. Or are you talking about the legs on the stand.

Either way, no big deal. You got a steal and likely a grill that will be a workhorse for a long time before you have to drop any more money in it.

Good job and good luck. Enjoy.

Chris, like Bruce said, that Q will be around for ever!! I paid $50 for the exact same setup almost 10 years ago! And the
Q-200 (and the stand) are still going strong!! You'll love the grill and all its capabilities!
Good find,
Tim

I paid $100 about 5 years ago for a clean 220, stand, propane adapter, a griddle, and a cover. Use it in the rv and also if visiting relatives and friends. I use it indirect, contrary to some opinions, as well as direct on the grill with great results. You got a good deal on a Q and it will last a long time, enjoy!!!

The rust is at the bottom of the stand's legs. It's not heavy. The paint is starting to bubble in spots on the lid. I'll probably eventually repaint it. Since thoroughly cleaning out the burner holes, it lights right up with a nice even flame. Got the crud off the grates and am seasoning them now.

You are set. Enjoy that grill and revel in the fact that you got it for a song. The stand is worth $60

Chris,
I think you have a winner! It will be a fun restore, because as pointed out by others it really doesn't look like this Q needs anything but a lot of elbow grease. Look forward to the before and after pictures. Then let's see it in action.

This Q is a perfect compromise that can be moved easily enough but is still large enough to do something for a small group. Don't listed to the naysayers who complain that the mid-size Q doesn't have enough power! Just be patient and let it have time to fully warm up. You will LOVE it!

wrzyaa.jpg

Back