Moroccan Beef Tenderloin

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Got a great deal on Beef Tenderloin a while ago. Cut it into 3rds... cooked one and froze the other two.

I've been eyeing this recipe for quite a while; Moroccan Smoke-Roasted Beef Tenderloin. Decided it was time.

Thawed, trimmed, tied and rubbed with a mix of crushed caraway seed, crushed coriander seed, crushed cumin seed, dark brown sugar, K salt, cinnamon, black pepper and ground cloves.

eGehxQg.jpg

Fired the grill in advance with K lump and several mini splits of red oak. Put the tenderloin on to cook indirect. The baby gold potatoes had been going a while.

AJbC4YX.jpg

When the meat hit 115* internal temperature, seared it for several minutes on all 4 sides.

00nv8VH.jpg

Let it rest tented for 10 minutes and started slicing.

13JmHzT.jpg

Time to eat!!!

Zw7JHM6.jpg

I really liked it. Super tender... as per expectation. Different flavor profile than I'm used to.
My wife didn't care for the rub and wouldn't eat it. Oh well, more for me.

fwiw - recipe by Jamie Purviance in Weber's "Smoke" cookbook.

Wonderful looking cook Robert. Rub sounds interesting for sure. Sorry your wife didn't like it. I can just visualize you scraping the rub off her portion in the sink. ;)

That is crazy tasty looking Robert. Love the simplicity of the finished dish. Simple clean and tasty are things I go for when cooking ;)

The rub definitely is interesting to me, but i think I might be in the same boat with my misses. Beautifully cooked!

Back