Silver B Lid ID

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Anything significant about this lid? I don't think I have come across any with the line across the bottom. But, I haven't seen many in this age class either.

v3bGvO5.jpg

Yah, me either really, but this is the first lid I have come across with any design on it. I didn't even notice it until I got it home and was unloading it from my truck. I thought it was interesting and wondered what the significance of it was.

Bruce,
Based on the black knobs and the double set of flip down trays, I believe that one is a “special edition” Silver sold through Weber’s select dealers such as Ace Hardware. The Weber catalogs from those years do not show either of these options. I am guessing the pin stripe, a little reminiscent of the Skyline series, was another distinguishing feature.

Did you get that grill or just looking? It is another one of my favorites;)!

Jon

I parted out one of these last year, it was a rusted out wreck and very little was salvageable: the black knobs and igniter button, black side table endcaps, and the thermometer. Everything else pretty much got chucked (the firebox had a quarter-size hole and even the lid had a big rusty spot).

I got it free.

What a sweet deal! It looks like mostly elbow grease, your Amazon grates and I assume a few other internals and you will a really nice one. It may not have the charm of the classic Genesis with wood slats, but it IS a very practical and easy to like grill. I think it is also a lot more attractive than the earlier Silvers.

Hope it flips well!

Damn, I just got in from doing a quick clean. I wanted to find the serial number/model number sticker. Well, I couldn't find it at all. It isn't under the control, it isn't on the very end of the control panel behind the end cap, it isn't on a wall in the cabinet and I am pretty sure it wasn't on the floor of the cabinet. The floor was an inch of grease and crud with the entire drip tray and drip pan laying in it all. But, I got that all cleaned out, but I found no trace of the sticker on the bottom under it all. They whole bottom is rusty and nasty but, you can still usually see the remains of the sticker and I can find nothing. I don't think I have found the sticker anywhere else on a Weber grill other than on the drip tray stand if the grill has it, like on a E3xx.
Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?
Anyway, the cabinet is a wreck, at least on the bottom. But probably worse is this guy must have had one heck of a nuclear melt down at some point. I notice the front and rear opening in the bottom of the cook box was bent downward in the middle. I also notice the original cookbox paint was actually bubbled in the back of the cook box, below the frame. I poked it, thinking it was just some moisture or corrosion under the paint bubbles, but NOPE, it is solid. It seems the actual cook box aluminum was near melt down in the bottom part at some point. The drip tray won't even stay in the brackets under the cook box any more.

And, the whole irony of the thing is that the guy that I got this grill from is a Fireman. Holy Cow Batman!!!

So, I will probably just part it out for the lid, end caps control panel, manifold, swing tables and regular table, wheels, black control knobs, etc... and junk the rest. I was thinking about ditching the cabinet and replacing the support from them by fabbing in two cross members at the bottom to make it open cart, but all the work and the compromised cook box has me thinking that it would be better off parted out. Too bad. If it is a special edition, it would have been nice to keep it stock, but the lid will look nice on another Silver B or Genny 1000.

If anyone can suggest another place to look for the Model/Serial number sticker, let me know. I would at least like to know more of the history.

Last edited:
The one I parted out last year came up as a Genesis Silver B LP Blk SWE Premium (2005), the serial number was found inside the cabinet on the right-hand side.

That really is too bad. Like you say, though, you could easily enough lift the good parts and install them all on another Silver firebox and open cart frame. I think the lid, flip tables and the black knobs, handles and trim together are a really nice look. If you don't go that route and want to sell off the black knobs and igniter cover, I would like to be first in line:).

Thanks JKim. I found it way up high on the right side. Figures that it was a victim of the Nuclear melt down and the serial number is toast. All I can see is the last six digits and none of the two letter date code. Another thing is that this grill stinks. It is is that rotten moldy grease smell. Yuk.

But, googling the model number "Weber 6721301" leads me to ereplacementparts.com and it seems the grill is: Weber 6721301 (2005) Genesis Silver B LP SWE Grill

2zcbBnR.jpg

Last edited:
That really is too bad. Like you say, though, you could easily enough lift the good parts and install them all on another Silver firebox and open cart frame. I think the lid, flip tables and the black knobs, handles and trim together are a really nice look. If you don't go that route and want to sell off the black knobs and igniter cover, I would like to be first in line:).

Jon: Like you say, I will try to find another frame and fire box to install the lid and other parts on. I assume it all would transfer over to an earlier open cart Silver B frame???? I would like to keep as much of it together as possible, but if not, I will let you know about the knobs and igniter switch.

It just makes me mad the way people treat these grills. This was a clear case of neglect to the point that he probably had one he11 of a flare up fire.

I believe it should transfer without any problem. The same five bar firebox, so unlike trying to use a 1000 frame, it should be the same. The only thing might be is whether the replacement cart has swing up brackets on both sides. I think these last Silvers all did regardless of whether they were used or not , but not so sure about the earlier Silvers.

You should definitely try to do a full switchover. I would only want to be considered for selling the knobs if they were just going to your parts bin.

Yah, I forgot about the swing up brakets. I have another silver B, probably an early 2000's model but it has dual swing ups as well. Problem is, the rest of that grill (BLUE HEAD) is in great shape, so I don't want to cannibalize that frame. I have to drop the tarp on my other grills to see if I have another Silver B or if they are all Genny 1000's.

Since we know it's a 2005, the two letter date code would be DO, and it's usually a 7-digit serial number that starts with 00, so I think you can figure out the rest. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks JKim,
That worked. It is a: Genesis Silver B LP Blk SWE Premium (2005) (USA).

I guess the "Premium" is the special designation. Not sure what that gets you other than the stripe, but it does positively identify the grill. Too bad it is going to be a part out.

Thanks JKim,
That worked. It is a: Genesis Silver B LP Blk SWE Premium (2005) (USA).

I guess the "Premium" is the special designation. Not sure what that gets you other than the stripe, but it does positively identify the grill. Too bad it is going to be a part out.

You get the right side table, black knobs and apparently a pin stripe...oh, and some bragging rights:D!

Oh OK, I see. The black knobs are part of a "Special Edition" package. I thought maybe they were standard on the last couple years of the Silver B run before they switched to the E3xx lineup. Don't forget the black end caps! :D

Back