Smoked Hot Links

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Pork Hot Links that is. Picked a pretty poor weekend to do this as it was 106 or so both days. Had to let the meat and the grinder/stuffer components do a lot of freezer time to keep everything really cool. Came out pretty good though and I was happy with the results.

Chunked up the pork and into the freezer.

enhance

First grind, coarse. After this grind I added the seasoning. Cattlemen's 8 Second Ride, Code 3 Grunt Rub, Smoked Gold Mustard Sauce, lots of Cayenne and some Smoked Paprika.

enhance

Second grind, fine plate.

enhance

enhance

Gave it about 60 seconds in the Food Processor to achieve the primary bind. Back in the freezer to chill.

enhance

Got 'em stuffed. Natural hog casings. No blowouts and decent links. Kept out about a half pound for frying later.

enhance

Ran the WSM at 225, apple wood for smoke. Took a little over an hour for the links to reach 165 IT.

enhance

enhance

Wow, these are great! Heat level is just right and the spices added tons of flavor. Will be doing them again, soon. Thanks for looking everyone.

Beautiful links! Am not at all familiar with the different rubs you used. What are they and why did you choose them? Are these melt your face hot?

Am not at all familiar with the different rubs you used. Are these melt your face hot?

Sorry Robert. I had about 5 minutes to throw this post together last night before going out to dinner. I love Cattlemen's rubs and have tried nearly all of them. They seem to be pretty much my go to rub. The 8 Second Ride is actually their Carne Asada Rub. Regarding the Grunt Rub, I failed to mention that it is their Garlic Blend. They provide a nice flavor to the links. Also added to the mix is 10 tsp's of cayenne. I wouldn't call these melt your face hot. it's initially one of those slow heats that gradually sneaks up on you as you eat them. I love it but I am a lover of very spicy food.

Back