A few vintage Weber grills from my collection......

Stephen L

TVWBB Member
I love Weber history. My favorite era is 1950's thru 1960's. Here are four grills from my collection...
(L to R).

1956 Weber Brother Metal Works - (sheet metal tray with 90 degree edges)
1958 Chestnut Weber Brothers Metal Works - (aluminum tray with rounded edges)
1960 Imperial Glen Blue - Notice white wheels and steel legs. This is the earliest Glen Blue documented and was a transition from Chicago to Wood Dale
1963 Plainsman - A Weber mystery kettle. It was never advertised in any sales brochures and only appeared on a Weber timeline. I have confirmed it was only offered in 1963 in limited quantity. Perhaps the first limited edition kettle??

IMG_5039_zpsw5j8hwdb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5040_zpsvbelltcv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Totally Cool! You have a very special and unique collection. They are all great, but I like your Glen Blue perhaps the best.

I have little room and limited funds, so I try hard to resist the kettle collecting fever. Nonetheless, I at least have a red and black 22 MBH, a 1974 '49er, and just picked up a Patent Pending red 26" - a little rough but still very cool - at least for my limited budget level of collecting. I wish I could get an avocado 18 or 22, but the rest of my fever is contented with my gas grill collection and restores. I have tried a couple of angles on two different very first generation Genesis (with wide slats, black knobs and a different style side burner). No luck so far. One day my ship will come in:D.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful kettles!

Awesome! What is your affinity to the 50's and 60's? Having been born in '63--and told sometimes I am an interesting study--it would be cool someday to have a mystery Kettle from that year, lol.

Back