Help Please, Need Info on a Weber One Touch Platinum Charcoal Grill

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I've been looking for a 22 kettle for my Kettle Pizza. One just popped up oh CL right here in town it's a Weber One Touch Platinum Charcoal Grill.
I tried to find out what it cost was new but it appears to be discontinued. It looks in excellent condition and with side tables I think it would be perfect. He's asking $125.
My only concern is it doesn't have a lid handle on top and the vent appears to be where a handle would go
Thoughts?.

https://prescott.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-bbq-grill-weber-one/6641694161.html

Last edited:
The handle appears to be on the front of the lid, as this has the lid holder on the back. On mine that have the lid holders, there is a metal rod that connects to the pieces that look like thread bobbers on the back. Those appear to be missing in the pic, but it may be that the table cut outs are what secure the lid when open.

I dont think $125 is an unfair price, as comes with 2 bags of charcoal.

That is normal for the pictures I've seen of this model. I think you are right that the table cutouts secure the lid. The spools will likely melt at pizza temperatures. The vent in the top might be advantageous.

That is normal for the pictures I've seen of this model. I think you are right that the table cutouts secure the lid. The spools will likely melt at pizza temperatures. The vent in the top might be advantageous.

Dustin my concern is if I have to refuel the grill that lid is going to be screaming hot and really no easy way to get it off. I'll take the spools off because this will be a dedicated pizza cooker so the spools won't be able to be used anyway.
I could use the lid from my performer or the daisy wheel grill.

Rich,
The 22" Premium is only $150 new.
Painful as it might be to buy new. :p

71uQnSUmBFL._SY355_.jpg

Well I got the platinum. I was able to get it for $100. It's like new needs nothing, this will work very well for what I want to do. I'm guessing it's about 7 years old and spent it's life in a storage shed it's that nice
Plus included was a twin pack of Kingsford professional.

42485986025_044e951d01_z.jpg
[/url]100_3587 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also those spots you see on the grill are rain drops.
As of 8 am today because of all the rain we've had the fire restrictions have been lifted. Hooray!!

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

Last edited:
Agree, YAY for some rain for you! And congratulations on the platypus! That will make a great pizza dome! I am watching for a kettle for the same purpose! One of these days I will find one.

That really depends on what the seller and the buyer value. Most people here who have these seem to love them (myself included), but they are a strange duck compared to most Weber kettles.

Great grill two work surfaces, and a slide lid bale, easy to move around more stable than regular kettle. Only thing missing is a gas assit system. To bad they stopped building them.

Why would you not find a used performer which would be way less than $200 a little confused do you have a chance to buy one of these for x? Say 120 you could find a performer for that even if you paid 30 more bucks you get the table and gas assist.

Back