Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heatermeter on Pellet Grill

I see that this thread has gone dormant for a few months, but I would love to resurrect it again. I just got a Pit Boss Pro Series 1100, and while it has been pretty great so far, I too would love to adapt my HM to work with it. I was very happy with the HM on my cheap offset smoker, but I can definitely see the potential that is possible with the HM controlling my new Pit Boss. Has Kyle or anyone else, put anything together yet to give this a try? I've seen all of the other various posts through the years which started down this road, but it seems that nobody has ever taken it all the way through to testing. Here's to hoping that someone is, or will be working this soon!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick T Wellman View Post
    I see that this thread has gone dormant for a few months, but I would love to resurrect it again. I just got a Pit Boss Pro Series 1100, and while it has been pretty great so far, I too would love to adapt my HM to work with it. I was very happy with the HM on my cheap offset smoker, but I can definitely see the potential that is possible with the HM controlling my new Pit Boss. Has Kyle or anyone else, put anything together yet to give this a try? I've seen all of the other various posts through the years which started down this road, but it seems that nobody has ever taken it all the way through to testing. Here's to hoping that someone is, or will be working this soon!

Nick
    I'm with you Nick; I love my HM with all its features and graphs etc. Recently got a GMG JimBowie WiFi model as a Fathersday gift from my sons. I now use the pellet smoker regularly instead of firing up my UDS & HM, but each time I do, I miss all the bells and whistles of the HM. Whilst it is doing what it is designed for, the GMG controller and its app feels so 'basic' now compared to the HM.

I'm sure I could hack the HM (hardware wise, not software) to sort of control the auger and blower, but it would be so great if controlling a pellet smoker can become part of the HM design, thus including control of the startup and shutdown of the pellet smoker etc.

I would be happy to be a guinea pig; unfortunately I can hardly program my name in my mobile phone, let alone write any code. I am quite handy with electronics etc though (been my job a few decades ago)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12