Rehabbers - Great deal on Dewalt angle grinder.

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Pretty tough for even Harbor Freight to beat this deal. Dewalt DWE4120 4.5" angle grinder. 9 amps. For $27.56 shipped to my door.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/819989-dewalt-4-1-2-paddle-switch-grinder.html

$27.56 shipped to my door. No more worries about over heating or bogging down and one of the bigger benefits is safety. I don't know about you guys, but I have had my HF grinders jump out of my hand and fly around the ground in circles until I could unplug them. I have also caught my shirt more than once and rolled it up against my skin, again, until I could find the switch and shut it off. My belly has the marks to prove it. With the Dewalt, it has a paddle switch. Which means if you let go of the grinder, it shuts down. My shirts and belly will appreciate that.

I will still keep the HF grinders, but only as backups or loaded with cutoff wheels for when I need that and don't want to swap out the Wire cup brush on the dewalt.

LOL, it said one left when I pulled the trigger. I guess they were not kidding. I thought maybe it was just a ploy to get customers to pull the trigger. But, now I go back and it says not available. I guess I got lucky. Sorry guys, but they may get more back in stock soon. I see they are selling for $75 on Amazon.

LOL, it said one left when I pulled the trigger. I guess they were not kidding. I thought maybe it was just a ploy to get customers to pull the trigger. But, now I go back and it says not available. I guess I got lucky. Sorry guys, but they may get more back in stock soon. I see they are selling for $75 on Amazon.

Bruce,

I might have jumped on that, but too late...The "Bruce Effect" is still in action;)!

This Harbor Freight grinder might be at least be a compromise, especially with a 20% or 25% off coupon. The Harbor Freight one that I currently have is the "Chicago [China] Tools" version, but not this one with the paddle switch. I think it may be better than what you are reporting for what I assume is their ultra-cheap model. Mine gets warm, but not unuseable. I have had it grab my shirt, although it is harder to keep it running than stopping it. The slightest touch on the switch and it is off.

This Chicago Tools one is only 6 amps but does have a paddle switch. $29.99 when I posted this link:

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-1-2-half-inch-angle-grinder-with-paddle-switch-65519.html

This one is no bargain, but it does show that Harbor Freight is trying to compete at a higher level. 11 amps vs. 9 amps for the Dewalt one. I, and my organization, are in their "club" so maybe this one will come up on a super bargain sometime. $89 when I posted this link:

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-11-amp-heavy-duty-angle-grinder-with-paddle-switch-62801.html

That's typical of F&F. They may have only 10 of something and they throw a big blowout sale either in store or online. It's one of the reasons I pretty much quit shopping there. They never have what I went there for in stock. Whether it's engine oil or water softener salt. Every time I go there (and there are like 4 in my area) they never have what I went there for. As they say. "So over that s^&t"

Back