Just some Camp Fun

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
I've been working on a Cargo trailer to Camper conversion. It's a work in progress and have been out using it and cooking food of course.

Here's where the trailer is and some of the food that we've been cooking.

29397513398_171b11dde3_c.jpg

29397514488_e1cc3c1dc8_c.jpg

43218129062_53d3bc4861_c.jpg

42364058205_b7dea1a69c_c.jpg

29398296148_e958e494c3_c.jpg

42363275915_e5c0eacf97_c.jpg

29397661798_a22733c73b_c.jpg

Nice. I did the Coleman stove thing for many, many years. Do yourself a favor, look at a Camp Chef :)

Nice. I did the Coleman stove thing for many, many years. Do yourself a favor, look at a Camp Chef :)

I have a camp chef three burner with a flat top and the grill box.

Honestly I like my 1962 Coleman and my 1972 single burner Coleman better unless I’m cooking for an army.

Looks like tons of fun. Good job with the improvements. Is the rack on top for a boat/kayaks/canoe?

Love the coleman grill. I gave mine to my daughter and her husband... along with the Coleman gas lantern. They use them all the time during camping season. Made a rocket stove for them - they have cooked bread in a DO with it.

bfd5756a-3068-4a59-a850-a23d62e3f5ae_zps59m1pm0w.jpg

cfd5ef89-8ec1-4239-9abb-899c6551752c_zpsjhblldxz.jpg

Super cool set up with endless possibilities! How is the trailer stability wise while parked? We have a travel trailer, and even with the stabilizer jacks down, you could feel every time someone took a step inside. I came up with a simple, cheap solution, and now it feels like the thing is on a brick foundation!
Here's the link to the YouTube video...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjLHfDYtdU
Tim

The trailer set up seems to be working great!! Looks like a great place to camp too. How cold is it over there at night? Are there not many biting bugs?

Camp trailer is progressing well Case. Just got back from a week up your way. Over on the S/W side. Love Oregon. Nice post.

Case, you are doing a great job on it. That's working out perfect from the pics . Do remember those days when we went out with the kids, they were fun.

Looks like tons of fun. Good job with the improvements. Is the rack on top for a boat/kayaks/canoe?

Yes, I have two canoes (a packer and a solo), 5 kayaks of various styles, and a row boat (no it wont fit up top).

Super cool set up with endless possibilities! How is the trailer stability wise while parked? We have a travel trailer, and even with the stabilizer jacks down, you could feel every time someone took a step inside. I came up with a simple, cheap solution, and now it feels like the thing is on a brick foundation!
Here's the link to the YouTube video...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjLHfDYtdU
Tim

It's pretty good being not too long. When I was in college I lived in my 24 foot trailer when I was fishing at the coast and used a similar set up to yours.

The trailer set up seems to be working great!! Looks like a great place to camp too. How cold is it over there at night? Are there not many biting bugs?

Temp really varies this time of year. Some of it also depends on the altitude. We were right at 4,000 so the temp was 10°-15° degreees cooler than in town. We had around 40°f at night while we were there. Day time temp was mid 70's. This week we are hitting day time temps of upper 90's and night temps of upper 40's. During the winter it can be damn cold.

- - - Updated - - -

Not many biting bugs which was nice. The weekend before on a canoe trip we were eaten alive when not on the water.

Awesome, as always. I have a feeling you know precisely what gear you want and how to use each peace. When I was a kid, Coleman was the nameplate. I love looking at your threads.

Back