Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for people's thoughts on a potential Used Summit

We have big "worms" up in Wisconsin. This is a 2010 Genesis E320.

Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Oh man...my Genesis will eventually look like that??

I think it's in this video where the reviewer breaks down the type of metal used on Summit grill. It's near the end of the video.

https://www.bbqguys.com/bbq-learning...mmit-gas-grill

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
    The Genesis II E-310 is an open cabinet though. What is it about the grill you don't like? Is it the north south burners? I also have that grill and so far I like it.
    It just doesn't get hot enough to handle high temp cooking very well and just doesn't seem to have the build quality I would expect on a $700 grill. I knew there was a lot of commentary about the searing issue before purchasing it, but it was still a little shocking experiencing it first hand especially as my old Genesis Silver got MUCH hotter. Also the Cast Iron grates are already breaking down in less than 1 year of use.

Somewhat relatedly, is it possible to buy Stainless Steel Grates and Flavorizer bars for the Genesis II? None of the SS grates sold on the Weber store are compatible.

Pat, if you want top of the line grates and flavorizer bars for your Genesis II, contact RCPlanebuyer and get a quote. They will top quality and pretty much will outlast the grill.

You can contact him through his Craigslist add and tell him what you are looking for. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for...623719462.html
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

SAd that someone has to spen that much on a grill than spend even more on top of it for quality grates and flavorizerrs

Well, if stock grates and bars are going bad in just one year, then yah, that is a shame. I wonder if they changed the build specs of the grates and bars from that of the previous line of grills? If they did it to save a buck then they are killing the golden goose.

There are a lot of people out there that consider a grill dead when anything goes wrong with it. If people pay $700 for a grill that needs new grates, bars or whatever in one year, then they will never buy another Weber.

That's too bad that it isn't working out for you. As far as the CI grates go they should still be under warranty so you could get those replaced and then sell the grill to get back some of the money you've spent on it. You should be able to find a buyer since that grill is selling for about $699 at the hardware stores. As far as getting RC's hardware for that grill, I did contact him a couple of times to see if he was making the grates and bars for the Genesis II E-310 and he said that he wasn't making them yet because they're too new and not in demand but to keep checking with him from time to time so AFAIK he's not making them yet. If you want to get the OEM ones from Weber then you'd have to call CS and ask them for the grates and bars for the Genesis II LX E-340 or the Genesis II S-310 as both of those have the same grates and bars as the II E-310 but in stainless. Here is a guy on Youtube that did it for his grill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezpkpmaQlmY
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

My Genesis II SE-410 has stainless grates and flavorizers. You can also get them from Weber. If your grill isn’t getting hot enough, I would contact Weber. Your grill should still be under warranty.

THe lack of heat issue could be due to the issue when opening the tank valve too fast and having it vapor lock or whatever happens. Try shutting off the burner valves, then the tank valve, disconnect the tank from the hose and wait a few minutes. Then, connect it back up and "SLOWLY" open the tank valve. Then turn on the burners and light it up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast