I hate it when "sellers" do that....

The ad has the seller's phone number and it says you can call him or text. Why not ping him and see if they are still there?

Stefan: I learned last year that a 45 minute to one hour drive is useless for grabbing a free curbside pickup. If they leave contact info, I always call to see if they will pull it off the curb until I can get there. On those kinds of grills, I would prefer they list them for $20, just to keep the hoarders away. Some people would pick up anything if it is free.

If you really want it, when you call, tell the guy you will give him a $10 bill if he holds it.

I hate that too. I've had some luck using the glympse app. It shows someone where you're located for a short period of time. They know you're actually coming and exactly when you'll be there. But if they post the address, I move on.

I picked up a free bluehead yesterday. An hour drive but the Guy agreed to hold it for me. Today, another Silver B, newer with black knobs and cabinet popped up for free in a town about 25 minutes away. I emailed him that I would pick it up if he would hold it. Waiting for a response, but he posted the address, so I am not holding my breath.

I guess a lot of guys got new grills over the 4th or July or something. Maybe they are starting to mark them down in the stores now.

Don't forget about what appears to be a normal ad, but when you reply they tell you it's at a garage sale, "first one there gets it."

Yah, and on the garage sale adds, they rarely list a price for the grill.

On another note, I did wind up getting that second grill for free tonight. Decent Silver B with the black under cabinets. But, the bottom of the cabinet is full of gunk and the drip pan is laying on the bottom as well. If this grill is salvageable, I am sure I will be ditching the bottom panel. Not sure what could put there in place of it. But, otherwise, it might have to become a parts grill. Which is still a win.

Back