Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad weekend - and then there was ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dorsey View Post
    That's really tough. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    ...Is that one of your deceased hounds in your avatar, Ron? I always liked that aw-shucks pose. So sorry for your loss.
    No, Rusty - that was my "best bud" Sebastian:
    He was a 70-pound puppy for ALL of his life - not only did he not have a MEAN bone in his body; he didn't even have a "GROUCHY" bone. We adopted him when he was about 3 years old, and he came from a home with a young single woman who loved the heck out of him, but just did not have the TIME to devote to him. He had ALWAYS been loved and it showed. He had one eye sewn-shut when we got him (Gloucoma), which affected his other eye later. Blindness hardly affected him one bit. He succumbed to Pancreatitis about 3 years ago when he was about 7 years old (MUCH too young).

My wife and I volunteer for an area Basset Hound Rescue group, and have had about a dozen hounds pass through our lives over the past 18 or so years. Some stayed (mostly "Foster Failures") and some went to other homes that were a better fit, but we enjoyed all of them.
    Performer (Copper) 2015 / 18.5" WSM 2008 / Weber Spirit 700-LP 1995ish

Sorry for your loss Ron.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    After the last critter went down, I don’t think I have the heart to see another one living with us, my wife started having dreams about two of our old cats walking across the tops of doors and then down the side, I don’t know what that means but, I’m not sure I want to either!
    It’s harder to lose an animal than just about anything else. Time can be so cruel.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Jim Lampe's Avatar
    Sad to read this Ron.... It is soo hard to have them go, no matter their age... Scrappy must be lost without them as well. So sorry for your loss.
    Living a dream in
    ......................The Home of THE P1GVILION

TVWBB Platinum Member Phil Perrin's Avatar
    My condolences on your loss.
    I know the pain of having to have your fur babies put down.
    It does get better with time.
    Lagers and pilsners and ales, oh my!

Sorry for your loss. When your pain eases a bit, I hope that you will give 2 more dogs a chance in honor of their memories.

Thanks for all of the well-wishes.

Scrappy is adjusting to being the "only-dog" (at least, for NOW...). Actually, I think that the skinny little stinker is LIKING it - because he gets ALL of the attention now.

The pain of loss with beloved pets "is PART of the package" that comes with being a dog owner - particularly when one starts acquiring an assortment of OLDER dogs. (We just don't have the time to deal with puppies anymore - so, by the time that they're 3 or more years old and "settled-down a bit" which is the best "fit" for us; you get to spend a shorter amount of time with them.)

We'll probably do it all-over AGAIN -- but it'll be a while.

Thanks again, Buds
    Performer (Copper) 2015 / 18.5" WSM 2008 / Weber Spirit 700-LP 1995ish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12