Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants to see my clam?

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea...
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    no but it looks nice
    You must not have an eight year old in the house. The layout is the town of "Bikini Bottom." This is where SpongeBob Squarepants lives.

I really want to change it up and make it more of a natural setting, but my daughter still wants this theme.
    Last edited by Pat G; 07-17-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Nice, Pat!

Looks very clear!

Here in may area, we have soft water, so I add an alkaline buffer which helps to keep the water clear too. Being in Texas, I assume you have hard water?
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    Nice, Pat!

Looks very clear!

Here in may area, we have soft water, so I add an alkaline buffer which helps to keep the water clear too. Being in Texas, I assume you have hard water?
    Thanks! Yes, hard water here in Texas. Next house we will probably get a water softener.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Thanks! Yes, hard water here in Texas. Next house we will probably get a water softener.
    I don't guess you use an acid buffer, do you? (might not be the right term for such a product)
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    I don't guess you use an acid buffer, do you? (might not be the right term for such a product)
    I use tap water with dechlorinater, that's all.

I use tap water with dechlorinater, that's all.
    Speaking of dechlorination, I had troubles with fish dying until I installed a faucet-mounted water filter (even though I was dechlorinating the water before adding it to the tank). The filter removes a host of of stuff besides chlorine too.

Correct!

You must not have an eight year old in the house. The layout is the town of "Bikini Bottom." This is where SpongeBob Squarepants lives.

I really want to change it up and make it more of a natural setting, but my daughter still wants this theme.
    SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS!

At least it's not pinkey dinkey doo, Barney, or tele tubbies

Themed tanks are fun.

>>>>>I run a 6 stage RO/DI filter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12