stubbs briquettes

Glenn Fleming

TVWBB Fan
sup guys:
I love Stubbs briquettes, but it seems like Lowes has a dwindling supply, and it was hand stacked between a pallet of Cowboy Natrual briquettes and something else. well upon further inspection the cowboy bag looked identical in appearance and weight, along with the same distributor and location made by duraflame, so it appears that Stubbs has been repackaged in a cowboy natural briquette bag.. I mean near as I can tell, plus the old stubbs did not go too clearance, same 9.99 price...hmmm thanx glenn

I loved duraflame briquettes when they were made and sold under their name. I still have two plastic buckets of the stuff. So your post has me really curious. Will check it out. My Lowes has a lot of stubbs.

My Lowe's doesn't have them in stock and when I try to order them from lowes.com they won't deliver to the store, only to my home... for a huge delivery fee.
Amazon doesn't appear to carry them any more. And... they are not listed on the stubbs web site. :-(

I looked today and the labels say distributed by duraflame but had different names on them. My Lowes did not have cowboy briquettes.

yea who knows, I still think its the same product, the bag is the identical color, weight and makeup..plus stubbs briquettes are not even on the product list anymore on stubbs website.. I guess I will buy a bag and compare, sounds like a good late night project...thanx glenn

Royal Oak has also come out with (or my local has just started carrying...) a hardwood briquette that burns just as clean and steady as Stubbs. So far cheaper, too.

I always heard the Stubbs briquettes were made by cowboy anyway. Weirdly enough in multiple bags of Stubb's I found a few briquettes that looked exactly like RO ridge line briquettes. Not sure what that was about. Before anyone asks, no the bags had not been opened and tapped back.

I find it interesting that we can't find out who does what. Would think it is public knowledge or the info is at least available.

Back