Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoked tofu?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dorsey View Post
    Can a moderator please move this from the Barbecue area?
    Some may have missed the "wink" emoji. That's why I always use the "grin" emoji. Wait...they almost look identical!

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    Some may have missed the "wink" emoji. That's why I always use the "grin" emoji. Wait...they almost look identical!
    I guess I don't switch between text and graphics fast enough. When looking at pictures I tend to ignore the words; when reading I tend to ignore the pictures, especially the really small ones that old eyes have a lot of trouble with. Never even noticed the emoji.

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Sorry, Jay! I honestly was kidding.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

We have a vegan in law in our family. I don't think there would be an issue with smoke per se, but there is an issue if it's smoked on a grate that also had cooked meat, possibly the smoker itself. Same with a pan. Same point as Rick above. I'd give it a go if it was something that sounded good to them.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Gee, Cliff that seems a little rough, the grill or smoker I can almost understand but, a PAN!? Good grief they get washed, they must, I've seen your feast pictures, work like that from a dirty pan come!
    I had not thought about Rick’s point of the extra rack.
    I mentioned having the vegetarians to a little thing with another friend who has a list of food allergies as long as your arm and now I think I’ve made an error in judgement with that particular guest list, she is really restricted, no fowl,corn, any form of the allium family, seafood of any kind, ad nauseum.
    Compared to her a vegetarian feast is easy!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Bartlett View Post
    but there is an issue if it's smoked on a grate that also had cooked meat, possibly the smoker itself. Same with a pan. Same point as Rick above. I'd give it a go if it was something that sounded good to them.
    Did I miss something? I already spoke to that issue in post # 3 by using a basket. UNLESS the issue is that the aroma of freshly smoked pork/beef being carried on the updraft carries some sort of "je ne sais quoi"
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    I had no idea that some vegans are that extreme.
    Guess they would never kiss a meat eater either.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Keep in mind that some people keep SEPARATE sets of dishes and utensils for meat, another totally separate set for dairy, etc. (for religious reasons). People believe what they believe. They don't think it's irrational to do so. It's normal for them.
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    I remember watching an episode of chopped with a vegan chef upset because one ingredient was honey. The showrunners hadn't even thought of that.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Quote Originally Posted by Len Dennis View Post
    UNLESS the issue is that the aroma of freshly smoked pork/beef being carried on the updraft carries some sort of "je ne sais quoi"
    That's exactly the issue Len. Not with me however. I think the entire concept is ridiculous. I do try to understand the beliefs and preferences of others though and accommodate them if the need arises, especially family.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12