Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buzzing buzzing buzzing

TVWBB Wizard
    I feel your pain I work in Aviation for 46 years on jets of all shapes and sizes, i believe the APU to be the worse screaming for hours at super high RPMs. Some Days worse than others.
    "WEBER"
    2010 Black Performer,S310 2007,18.5 WSM 2010,Jumbo Joe 2014

Yeah those APUs are loud but at least in my job at O'Hare I had to stay on the passenger bridge until and they would shut off both the main and the APU engines as soon as the GPU was plugged in. Unless the GPU wasn't working or the capt forgot. Oddly I miss all that noise now

Can you sleep OK, Larry? Does the noise keep you awake?
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

I do have issues with that. I sleep quite poorly very deep for very short periods so I really don' know how it feels to actually have a "full" night sleep and than have fits of fatigue and sleepiness during the day. Especially after my workout or a meal. I don't know if I can fully attribute it to the "sounds" or other factors i.e. stress, medications I take, etc.

TVWBB Member
    So my oldest brother has something similar, although perhaps not as severe. FWIW, his last resort was an acupuncturist. He claims it helped, albeit marginally at first. After nearly a year of visits, he swears that itís much better. Not gone but fading. Hope this helps and good luck guys.

I have dealt with it over the past six years. A doctor gave me something called temazepam (a benzo drug) to take as needed for sleep, but I had a reaction to it and had to stop. It may have been withdrawal even though I was only on the med for less than two weeks. Nevertheless, I shook uncontrollably for a while, and I almost went to the ER.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12