Hope Cliff Bartlett and family are OK

Looks like his last post was around 4pm on the 4th. My kids live in SoCal and they aren't experiencing anything but extreme heat upwards of 115. But northern Calif is in big trouble. I think Cliff lives in or near Redding which is fairly close to the Oregon border where the fire jumped the 5 freeway. The 5 freeway goes through Redding how many miles south of the border I'm not sure.

Last edited:
My cousin sent this photo of the view from his backyard

OWHywQO.jpg

Pretty scary looking. He and his wife just moved to CA from AZ because of a job change and promotion. Just built their home only a year ago and now he sees this and police telling him they may need to evacuate SOON.

Hey, thanks for your concern everyone. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. Been peeking with my IPhone but didn't see this. We are fine. I put a note on someone's thread earlier, believe it was Russ Olin's, that we've been vacationing in Southern Oregon. Our plan was to get out of Northern California and escape all the fires and smoke down there and relax up in Oregon for a few days. The day after we arrived the Klamathon Fire started in the small town of Hornbrook, just south of the Oregon/Cali border. It was another explosive, fast moving fire and unfortunately one person died within the first day or so. The fire has now reached Oregon and has grown to 21,800 acres and is being driven by erratic winds. We have tickets to an open air theater tonight and we're waiting to see if it is canceled due to smoke and poor air quality. It's unlikely that it will be canceled however. I-5 to Redding was a mess yesterday and closed for many hours Thursday night into Friday. The trip home might be rather slow. We'll see. Anyway, we're fine and having fun in spite of the fire. Thanks once again for your concern.

Back