22.5” WSM, need room in the garage!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hey folks, I’ve got a 22.5 WSM that is simply bigger than I need. I don’t tend to need to cook for that many and the 18.5” I have is perfect for my purposes. I’d love to see this thing go to a good home, this will include a pump and copper fittings for bowl refilling (my brother was a huge water fan) first $250.00 takes it! I’d consider delivering within a reasonable distance.

Well, I will at least try to keep the thread near the top by inquiring about the copper fittings and pump. Is this a mod so you do not have to open to fill, or just fittings and a pump?

Yes, lift lid, snake the copper pipe down to pan, start drill on the pump. I’m not so sure this was one of my brothers best designs but, he swore by it, probably swore at it too for that matter.

I figured everyone knows what a 22” WSM looks like. I don’t imgur or bucket not adding another layer for no real reason.
It’s going in the front yard next week with a sign! I am not a huge “social media” fan. I just don’t care that much,but, would like to get it sold.

Not quite, inless we can cut out a few states, thanks for asking though.
Just listed on SW Michigan Craigslist.
I’d like it to find a home this week!

This might not be the appropriate thread to ask but at least I’ll help you with a bump.

I’m looking into 18 or 22 inch. Have 14 and only upsizing for brisket. How does brisket turn out on your 18 compared to 22?

Mike, it may not necessarily be the right sub heading but,it’s a good question
I have done 14-15 pound briskets on my 18 very easily, once you get the thing shoehorned in between the handles.
Full disclosure, the 22 I got when my brother decided he HAD to go the pellet pooper route, probably from the infomercial. He was always one to want to do tons of stuff and the brisket was always pretty darned good, I’m a little jaded but, I think mine are just as good and I don’t baby my cooks like he felt he had to.
If you do large parties? A 22 might be a good thing, one brisket at a time? I’d use the 18 but, that’s really because it was what I learned on, they are much less coal hogs than the 22 as well.
It looks like I’ve just sold the 22 after four days on CL. Vacation money!

SOLD, a guy called me yesterday and he picked it up this morning.
Chris, you will be getting a new member very soon! He was quite excited about the site so, Merry Christmas to all!
Can you send me a half dozen cards when you get a chance, I have two left.
Thanks

Last edited:

Back