Lady needs some advice on DHO113813/model #227/621 Silver Genesis A 2 knob green gril

KHaines

I think I have a 2004 ( no doors and center thermometer) genesis silver A gas grill. I need to know what igniter parts I need as the box is rusted through. I also would like to know where and what kind of stainless steel flavorizer bars and grill grates to order. The flavorizer bars measure 21.5 inches. THanks for ANY advice!

Go straight to Amazon. I redid a decent little Silver A for a good friend as a gift. I found very nice flavo bars for $17.50. Every bit as good as factory. If this will be a long time keeper and you want the absolute best Check out RCPlanebuyer's flavo bars and grates. A little on the spendy side but top notch and the last ones you'll ever need

Khaines there is a company called bbq parts that has really good quality grates, flavorizors, and even the igniter. Good prices too. Below is the link to their Silver A parts. I have a silver A too and couldn't be happier with the flavorizors and grates i bought from them several years ago.

https://www.bbqparts.com/silvera.htm

Thank you all! Got the parts ordered. Looking for how to clean the inside of grill box. I have everything removed, but both the box and the lid are a real mess! What's ok to use on these parts?

KHaines,
Many ways to get 'em clean...for the inside of the lid I use 000 steel wool, a single edge razor blade, and some Simple Green.

For the Fire Box I hit it with a Pressure Washer and a single edge razor to cut through the baked on grease. Lot's of guys here go one step farther and use an angle grinder with wire cup brush. It's really a matter of preference.

Jeff

Last edited:
If you are just looking to get the grill back into grilling condition, just scrape off what you can in the cook box and the side end caps for the lid with a putty knife. Scrub the loose stuff on the inside of the hood and have at it. No need to go any further than that unless you plan to sell it. It is just going to get "seasoned" back up the first time you throw some burgers in there.

Back